I like AK48 :] -EbbnGro -Water cooled - Goal: BIG ROOTS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by 4ddiction, Mar 14, 2013.

1. #1 4ddiction, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    Im back! Grow room is about 90 % done, just need to finish running the water cooling lines, connect the rest of the 3/4'' bucket tubes and i should be good to go!

Setup:
    11x15 ft room
    2 Light Mover with Add-a-lamps
    2 6'' 400cfm blows
    2 (will upgrade to 4) Hydro Icebox's
    10k BTU chiller (currently not being used)
    4 600ws
    Custom Aquahub ebb n flow controllers
    2x 64g trash containers
    16 buckets for my sites.
    Sentinel Chhc-4
    Hydrogen Co2 water cooled generator
    Closet mother veg / clone room..

Got 16 clones that are about to finish rooting and get put over into the buckets.

Nutes: Full AN lines pretty much
    GOAL: BIG MOTHER FUCKIN ROOTS....my last grow got fucked halfway due to nature and the roots were shit, so my harvest was about 1/2 of what i expected.

Some teasers.

[​IMG]

One system hooked up to 8 buckets
    [​IMG]

Second system also hooked up to 8 buckets
    [​IMG]

2. When I said back with a vengeance I guess I didn't know how right I was!!! Geez 4D, you're packing heat!

3. Holy shit 4d, your not fucking around now huh? Jesus Christ man lol looking good dude, love the little door at the back there

4. Lookin Good!

5. Haha figured why fuck around any more. Hopefully its like reef tanks, the bigger the tank the easier its to manage.

Thanks man! Yeah had to seal off the entire room for the Co2

Thanks!

Update: Nutes should be coming in this week, and my clones all took root and now im waiting for them to fill in a little to have a bulkier root mass. Got to finish running the cooling lines outside of the room to the chilling room. Hopefully the co2 generator and the sentinel come in this week as well. Slowly but surely progressing.

6. :eek:

:D

I would not trust them trashcans bro.....
    Trust me, and you know from my past grows, they POP, and when then do, it's not pretty.... ;)

Search your local craigslist for 55gal drums....
    Most times you can get them for like $10 ea., then just cut a flap in the top....
    The blue barrel's caps are threaded to take a 3/4" thread, so I've used wood to build a stand so I can lay the drum on its side, and then use a male thread to barb fitting... The 3/4" hose coming off that goes to my pump which is external, and I do not keep my pumps in the res, they create heat, also wears on them more IMPO.....

If you use them trashcans, you better be expecting a bust @ one point or the other....
    But at 30-40gal of nutrient loss, it's like dumping $75 down the drain, unless you're close to a change anyway... lol

What pump you going to use for the water cooling system??? :confused_2:

:wave:

7. The trash cans are 64gallon extreme heavy duty. If you have a lowes by you check them out. I did some tests with it and it seemed to hold. I tried to get some 55g drums but they never responded to me. Very annoying. If it does pop which i pray to god it doesnt, its a good thing i panda'd the whole floor and made sure it could survive a spill like that.

Pump im using a 1/4hp sump pump it has 25ft of lift so that should be plenty since its only traveling maybe 5 feet up should do the trick. And when it starts to get warmer i took your advice and will pick up a 10k btu AC for the chiller.

8. Awesome 4d,
    I guess you haven't had a chance to run you Ice boxes yet. Or have you? How much the chiller going to cost you? I want to go that route as we discussed in another thread, one of my friends is a AC guy, so he gave me a good window unit which I am planning to make my chiller out of, but that may have to wait. Not a problem though because he also gave a good mini split system that will use less electricity which I'm planning on running for my next grow.

Your room looks great man, your deffinately going all out. NICE WORK!

9. I would trust JJ when it comes to bursting barrels. Just assume it is going to happen hehe.

Btw, are you using the wall radiator to heat?

10. The 10kbtu ac unit only is like 200-300 used on Craigslist so its not that bad. Thanks yeah i want to make this perfect so i can focus on growing not my environment and grow area.

The wall radiator? You mean the old radiator? Yeah it heats the room during the winter.

Im play the dice on the cans and hope they dont break haha well see! :wave:

11. Subbed 4d..see your not messing about this grow..good shit...:)..
    Let's get the show on the road...

12. Jj had a trash can he thought was heavy duty too ;) because its heavy duty doesn't me it won't leak lol

13. Oh sweet, did you get the 1/4hp Flotec (model FPSC1725X) with a lifetime warranty for $50???

Attached is the warranty.... :wave:

Attached Files:

14. #15 4ddiction, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    Some updates. Finishing up running the water Cooling lines, cut two outlets for the co2 generator did some electrical clean up. All clones have rooted. Nutes should be coming Tuesday so they will be planted then.

Need to organize the light cables still

Attached Files:

15. I think your either missing a few wires&hoses or you have to many. You choose lol

16. Too many I was like holy shit!

17. Which Sentinel unit are you getting?

18. Almost complete line of AN???
    What you running with and how you thinking of feeding it??? :confused_2: