Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I know vaping is the healthiest but,

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by suhprized, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Is it actually healthy in the first place?

2. Define 'healthy'.

3. I wouldn't say vaping is healthy, but it is one of the healthiest ways of ingesting marijuana.

4. I would imagine you'd be inhaling other chemicals apart from THC and the heat could 'annoy' your lung, but I wouldn't say it would damage your lungs. I could be wrong though

5. It's second to consuming it orally.

6. Well no matter what you're gonna get some kind of residue build-up. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but it's bound to be there.

7. Humans can live for decades smoking a pack a day and people still ask questions like this. It won't kill you.

8. I'd say it's the healthiest way to INHALE cannabis, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it's "healthy".

9. I use my Silver Surfer every night before bed, it's not as unhealthy as my other shitz

10. It's healthier than a lot of things.

11. Our lungs aren't designed to inhale warm/hot vapours, but that doesn't mean it's overly "bad" for your lungs. Healthiest way other than eating it I guess.

12. Pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks guys!

13. Your not a vaporizer-user are you? lol

Anyone who owns a vaporizer could immediately tell you that the vapors they inhale, is the closest thing to regular every-day air.

14. It is perfectly healthy if done properly. When you get a bit too hot you start getting some of the toxins like benzene that are in smoke.

15. is eating a pack of dorritos healthy?

16. No I've never used one but im very interested in getting one. It just seems that a lot of people emphasize the fact that its healthy and I was just thinking healthy in general or healthy in regards to other forms of consumption.

17. i just bought one of those cheap box vapes off amazon, cant wait to start using it :smoke:

18. no lie, they usually suck lol. they really dont compare to a more expensive well built vaporizer.

19. It is healthy.

Read a lot of Storm Crow's links and you'll see.

THC has a lot of benefits such as being a neuroprotectant and a "lung cleanser". THC irritates your lungs, that's why you cough when you inhale a lot of vapor and it forces you to clean your lungs out. That's one of the reasons people cough a lot during smoking sessions, even heavy smokers. There's no getting around the lung-irritating nature of THC.

I really don't see any harm you could be doing to your lungs by vaping. It's like inhaling vapor from a Vicks. You're more likely to increase harm to your lungs by standing on a busy city street than by vaping.