I know I'm paranoid but... Is it SKETCH to talk about grow on phone?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Wrecked, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Hey. My friend always asks shit like "How are your plants?" and asks for pictures of the plants (in text messages)

Is that sketchy at all? Am I just paranoid or something? I always think that one of my friends is being like extorted by a cop and is trying to get me to admit that I am growing so they can come in...

I always try and say "I'm not growing... But if I was..." or "Here is a pic of my FRIENDS plant" to try and avoid admitting to owning them, when I answer a question.

So basically... Is it possible for any of this to happen? Do they actually tap text messages, and if they do are they enough to get a search warrant?

2. It is bad to talk to friends about your grow! You should not have to talk about growing over the phone, just post on GC!

3. I really wouldn't worry about it unless they are in public or you are in public.

4. Dude police can tap your phone lines without you knowing, and they don't have to tell you. I wouldn't advise that. Like they said above just post on GC. It's safer lol.

5. "What two know is not a secret anymore."

Why talking about growing etc. on the phone? Keep it to yourself, 90% of the busts happen due to talk one or the other way.

As others said already leave it by 'talking' about it on here and that's it.

6. ya you shouldnt tell anybody about your grow. bad idea. if you give ur friend ur homegrown bud, when he goes to smoke it with his buddies and they are like damn this shit is heady!!! gues what your friend is gonna say? yea man my good buddy grows it, isnt it dank!!!! than the word is out....ive seen it hapen.

not saying your friends a nark or anything, its just when there is heady weed around, everyone wants to know where it came from

7. i think the risk comes from telling someone, and not from discussing it over the phone vs. some other form of communication

wiretapping really isnt that common, and in the absence of a threat to national security or some shit, I doubt theyd be able to use anything obtained in a "blanket" tap to get a warrant.

edit : you think they cant trace IP addresses as well? come on, if they want you, you arent safe :)

8. The GOV has all your TXT, pictures, and conversations no joke... Only what is left of the law protects you...

9. Your friend knows And so do HIS friends who you think is looking at the pics :hello:.
    I would tell him you fired them all and had to stop or some shit ass lie.
    Also would worry less about police and more about some jackass he tells kicking in your door one day for your stash while you out at school work or whatever.

10. Yeah man tell your friend you dont have one anymore and never speak of it to anyone again accept here.

Unless your friend posts here to which would suck donkey gooch.

11. Yes, talking about your grow over the phone is sketch. Most people I know use euphemisms even when talking about buying an eighth. Sending pictures is beyond sketch. If you were to get busted it probably wouldn't be because your phone was tapped but good policy is good policy and bad policy stacks up against you.

12. Silence is your best defence !

13. Plead da fif *****.

14. i agree

15. texting is nothing but 1's and 0's intell it gets to your phone then your phone turns it into a text, simple computer sh*t

16. Why does your friend know? It sounds like you are not ready to grow if you ask me. You tell your "friends" openly but are sketch about talking about it on the phone? You should be more worried about your friends talking bro instead of worrying about phone taps.

17. Unless your Big time, eg houses and what not, or youve got other illicit activity going on in your life its hard for a judge to justify the warrent to tap a phone simply hoping to catch a grower talking the dirty. Id be more concerned with a situation like... ur buddy iether getting into hard drugs and robbing you later on, or him getting caught doing something stupid and giving you up in return for reduced sentencing. im going out on a limb here but, growers are generaly the smarter or maybe just more creative of the pot heads and 9/10 busts are not their fault its ex women or even friends. text and emails are for ever, somewhere somehow you know that shits saved or stored on some hard drive, but hey so is this lil parle.

18. Never tell anyone about your grow. no matter who it is. when it comes to growing, you can only trust yourself.

19. This sounds like the kind of mistake a kid makes that gets him busted, "hey check out my plants man." As much as we would all want to say this cause we are proud of what we are doing, we do not to avoid getting fucked.