I kinda want to try making my own autoflower seeds...

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by daro, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Talk me out of it or tell me how. Playing with autos on a one plant at a time basis in a 2x2 right now. I think it’d be fun to play with breeding em and making seeds...

• Like Like x 2
  2. I’ve never grown auto flower. Do you get males or are the feminized? Not sure you’re guaranteed to get a auto flower, if you bred with a photopod male unless the auto flower traits come through, which I believe is a crab shoot. Got to get the correct recessive and dominate traits right.

3. Colloidal silver will turn a female limb to a male and it will breed itself
    Don't know about a auto

4. I'm about to make fem auto seeds by using colloidal silver to turn a branch of feminized photoperiod Cindy 99 in a male and using it to polonate a feminized auto Ak47. If it works as planned, I should have a bunch of feminized auto Ak47xCindy99 seeds

5. What’s the difference between that and a hermaphrodite, beside you’re causing a specific branch to turn male, with colloidal silver. Wouldn’t that still be considered a hermaphrodite, considering the stress of the silver caused it to change sex?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keep us posted how it works out. Since you can’t clone them, it’d sure be nice to have a way to get more, without ordering more overpriced seeds. Next spring I’ll do a large run of autos outdoors. Then I can have 2 harvests outdoor. I’m not comfortable enough to trust their quality and yields enough, to bring them indoors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Don't know for sure. But herm's have male clomazones I think, with the CS on a female no male tendencies of any kind.
    Not for sure so....
    I have done this CS and it kinda works, I got a few seeds from a big bud, like 7 or 10 seed, don't remember
    I just clone what I want to keep anymore
    @trojangrower he may know, lets see if he answers

• Like Like x 1
  8. sts spray a female plant and use the pollen to pollenate another female.. Just did it myself and now have a shit ton of fastbuds gg and gg/lsd crosses
    Google sts spray on steermit and there are instructions to make and apply which i followed

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think it will be 50/50 photo to auto if you use photo pollen.

10. Whatever happened to intercourse, everybodies weed is just fucking itself literally.

11. I believe the percentage of auto to photo is irrelevant. If its bred with an autoflower then the ruderalis gene gets passed on which makes it autoflower

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Your gonna find out.

13. I’ve gotten some freebies from Wicked Pissah in Maine that are labeled regular, so I assume there the chance for a male in the mix, haven’t seen a ton advertised for sale but I figure they’ve got to be out there. Interesting talks about CS to self a female though. Here’s a really fucking dumb question: do you still smoke the buds of a seeded female? Just pick out the seeds? Or do you scrap the buds or use it for hash/concentrate?

14. auto will be a recessive gene in the first photo/auto cross.. At best 1 in 4 will go auto.. Takes multiple crosses to stabilize auto

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Of coarse you smoke your seeded buds. It just makes it like being old school, when everything had seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Get some CS from Amazon. Spray your selected mom 2x a day and wait.

Pretty simple.
    I got a bottle for like 22 bucks on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17. Not sure if you ever leaned about genes in school. I did in college. I’m pretty sure recessive and dominate genes play a roll in final out come! Every off spring will be a mixture of sane genes, with the difference of recessive and dominate and how nature put them together. genes. Only way to have exactly the same genes, you need to clone. Obviously you can’t clone auto flowers.

18. funny we've come so far that i dont even know what to do with buds that have seeds. 14 year old me would be proud.

19. I have learned about genes but I was told the ruderalis gene is a dominant one and would indefinitely pass to all offspring. I'm glad to have learned differently before doing it because now I will probably just do to autos