Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I keep getting super paranoid about my throat when smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LonelyStonerx, Jul 29, 2015.

1. #1 LonelyStonerx, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
    I've sort of had this problem since I started smoking when I was 17, I'm 20 now. Weed has always made me sort of paranoid about my health and wellbeing, specifically in regards to my throat. It kind of feels like there's something in my throat when I swallow, and I can't tell if that's normal or something I should be concerned with. Any pain I have in my throat is mild, and occasioally I'll have acute pain around and above my adam's apple. Sometimes hear a scraping type sound when I swallow as well, as whatever part of my throat goes up and down. I don't know, I know throat cancer is extremely unlikely for a 20 year old, but it really makes me paranoid the fact that people say you don't really notice throat cancer until it's gotten to later stages. Surely if anything serious is going on, I'd have some real symptoms right?

I can remember one of the first times I smoked, my throat was freaking me the hell out. I was gulping my lunch milk trying to clear out my throat or something because it felt hella weird. Maybe I just feel my throat more when I'm high?

Also, yesterday when I smoked, I kind of had a panic attack for a minute. I smoked, and began to feel lightheaded, and started feeling almost a numbing sensation in my arms. My heart was pounding. In my head I was like "oh shit heart attack" but I was able to calm down. This makes smoking a lot less relaxing than it used to be though, because I'll find myself worrying about my throat instead of chillaxing. Maybe I have a blood pressure issue or something? Even if I take a couple little bong hits (which is what I did yesterday) I'll still get paranoid. I haven't smoked all day and my throat is giving me minor aches right now thinking about it. Could it be that I just have a sensitive throat? Do you feel something in your throat when you swallow or does it feel completely hollow? Maybe I'm feeling my uvula or epiglottis in there?

One other issue I have is that it feels like when I stand up or exert myself, my throat feels weak, and like I have acute pressure in the middle of it. I kind of feel my heartbeat in it and stuff. Is that normal? I am really skinny (115 pounds).

I took some pictures of my throat, I can post them if anyone would give me advice on whether or not it looks normal (I know no one here's a doctor, not really looking for fact, just opinion). Would you suggest I stop smoking and see a doctor, or should I just try to chill out and realize that the weeds making me paranoid? I never smoke cigarettes by the way.

2. does it make it hard to breath, your throat problem and when you swallow does it feel like there is something in your throat or that your throat is really small?

Does it make you burp strangely or does drinking or eating aleve it temporarily?

Its not something to be super worried about its not cancer but its swollen glands on the back of your tongue as well as GERD as well as some other thing that makes your lymph nodes swell up, its basically caused by allergies and diet, smoking should ease your symptoms though.