I keep getting distracted....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jillianhope, Jun 22, 2011.

1. When's the last time anyone watched Hey Arnold?
    It looks so much different nowadays....

2. I love Hey Arnold! That show is awesome. Way better than today's animated crap. It's good for kids, but realistic at the same time and can be emotional. My favourite from the 90's.

But what are you talking about, they haven't aired anything new since 2004. The creator was planning to make a film about him finding his parents in the jungle, but Nickelodeon canceled it and he only got through some scripts. Had to do with a contract dispute. And they hold the copyright, so he can't finish it. The whole series is on DVD, though.

3. i know right i used to watch it when i was little

4. Man I miss how cartoons were when I was little. I remember when Spongebob Squarepants always taught an over-generalized message for kids to base their morals and standards off of. But looking at it from it from the other side, our parents must be saying the same thing. In the wise words of Bob Dylan, "The times they are a changin'!" That will forever hold true.

5. Yeah, but for the worse. There's a difference between close-minded parents and things actually getting worse. If you look at today's popular music and entertainment and shows, then it really is. And I'm not only talking about those who are younger, but stuff that a lot of people my age dig.

6. You know, right now, the future of America looms bleak. But regardless of whether the change will be good or bad, the world will never cease to change. It's our job to make sure it changes for the better.

7. or at least provide an alternative. PEOPLE. keep the flow of good real music alive, that's the key.

8. #8 psychedelicpipe, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
    Yeah, for music specifically I'd like to mention two good albums that saved 2011. Fleet Foxes-"Helplessness Blues" and Radiohead-"King of Limbs". Might be some others I'm not aware of, but these are the ones that have caught my attention, and releases that I'd say are on par with many classics. And I'm not one who cares about most of what's out today.

9. #9 jillianhope, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Word. People die. The music never will.

10. I always hate when people say "oh that music's old, that person's dead". Hello, why would someone want to make music that's only good for a short period of time? Real, good music is timeless. It's more than certainly an honour, in fact, for people to still be listening to someone's music years after they've died. I think that's something any real musician would hope for when they die.

11. #11 jillianhope, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah man. As a musician myself, the best feeling is when your music touches another person. It's such an expressive art, and people treat it like just another profession. A real artist keeps sight of why we make music. Finishing a performance and knowing you've inspired at least one person is