I just went into a religious chatroom with good intentions, and this is the result:

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Senior PoopiePants, Mar 28, 2013.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    tl:dr: Went into chat room asking about being converted and asking for HELP. Was treated very rudely and told I'm going to hell even though I did NOT throw the first stone.

Ok - I was instigating. I don't see how I was being an asshole, though.

From IRC (Internet Relay Chat) - Channel: #Christian
    I went in there so I could find a friendly debate channel. My handle was "WeedMaN" :laughing: I've used that name for years, so I didn't think anything of it. I was about to ask if we could debate when I saw that the channel topic said it was NOT a debate channel, but you can go to the following (and it had other channels for debates).
    I'm trying to copy and paste them so I can go into the chat rooms, but someone says, "Change your name". I said back, "I will not, I'm sorry, but I will be right out of here - I just want to get the names to the other channels". I then got banned for a few minutes.
    I was like :confused:, so I went back in and this is what happened. I am not saying anything right now. Note: My name went from WeedMan to Helloman, and then to Agnostic.

You folks be the judge (caution: wall of text):

EDIT: I have found the first chat session in a log:

And the second one:

2. Seems to me like youre trying to instigate

3. #3 Senior PoopiePants, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    I was curious and trying to see how someone in trouble would be treated.

Remember - I was kicked out before that chat log because I didn't change my name.

I don't see it as instigating. I was very respectful. Did you see Eagle's posts?? :confused:

Edit - Me thinks you didn't read the entire thing... You couldn't have had time to, bro.

Second edit - Ok, perhaps it was instigating. But like I edited in the OP - I don't think I was being mean or an asshole. That's all.

4. I love how the only time most of them are spelling right, it's when they're quoting bible verses.

5. #5 RooksYR, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    Those guys in that channel were really lame. Don't they realize that they lose peoples attention if they are quoting verses which are so cryptic and barely relate to anything you asked.

Its as if they only answer to feel good about themselves and not to actually help the person who is asking for help.
    It's like they have no mind for themselves to think and answer your questions, like robots spitting out irrelevant predetermined output.

this is exactly what i mean by having no mind of their own and not really trying to help.

Im christian by the way.

6. They were so rude at first and I did nothing. I wish I could have copied and pasted that part, but when you get kicked from a channel, the whole transcript gets deleted. :(

7. At the end when it says, "Can not send to channel", I was banned from typing. :confused:

8. Lol what do you expect from simpletons without critical thinking skills?

Could've been worse, coulda been getting grilled by shockofgod or nephilimfree..

Those two morons are phelpsian retards..

9. Thats a lot of text i dont want to read rite now

10. I hear ya.

11. Eagle is a gob knocker.

Whatta dick.

12. :mad::mad:It makes my blood boil that people want to run a country based off of some of the very same verses your buddies mentioned.:mad::mad:

13. you came into a christian chatroom with the name agnostic what did you expect???!?!?!

OP, if you really didn't want to be there a you would've left and not witness what YOU would probably call stupidity, and just leave them alone they think the same way you do, but just a different belief.

14. Dude this shit is ridiculous. OP is obviously instigating

15. #15 Subliminal Jazz, Mar 28, 2013
    i don't know why you expected differently?

the kinds of people that go into those chatrooms are not the ones you want to be reaching out for help to.

"<+Agnostic> And this is how I get treated? I'm logging this all just in case."

really imprep?? really? do you care that much lolol

to me it seems you are practically begging for these people to respond to you. like more then half of those IMS are you man.

16. You should've asked them do they bang their Bibles at night....I'm compley joking

17. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']<+realizt> the bible says talks about coming to the kingdom of God like a child. not like an intellectual who needs all kinds of proofs
    <+realizt> like a child just trusts his parents

<+L-Eagle> Agnostic do you believe in fire?
    <+Agnostic> I know fire exists, yes.
    <+L-Eagle> well hell is just a lake of fire

<+realizt> so anyway I knew I had to somehow get "saved"... avert this unimaginable disaster of going to hell
    <+realizt> and I knew part of it was to stop getting drunk every day and so on [/quote]

LOL thanks for a good laugh this morning op

18. Agnostic is not the same as Atheist.

And I went in there "seeking help".

I really find it sad that people consider it disrespect when someone questions a religion - even (in this case) just to ask from a sincere perspective.

So, let's say I really needed help and went into that chat room looking for answers - like I did in the OP. Was it right the way I was treated? Answer me.

I fail to see ANY WAY I was disrespectful. You point out any part that I'm being an asshole, and you will get a +rep.

And who said I didn't want to be there? What are you talking about? I was asking them questions and for advice.

19. #19 Senior PoopiePants, Mar 28, 2013
    You have to realize that I went in there wanting to see what would happen if someone went in there with sincere intentions about wanting to convert, but wanting to know details.

I said "And this is how I get treated?" because they banned me for not changing my name and for giving me attitudes and crap before I even typed my second sentence - and for kicking me out of the channel.

What if I REALLY needed help? I went to some Christians, and this is what happened.

I'm trying to prove a point here, more or less.

Hate me, dislike me - whatever (not you, Marley :) ) - whatever.

Just remember - What if I really needed the help? That's how you get treated? And I answer my own question with YES because this isn't new to me.

I was respectful. I wish I had that chat log.

What's an IMS?

Irritable Male Syndrome? Because I "was seeking help and had questions"?

Right...

Post and run.

20. YOURE GOING TO BURN IN AN ETERNAL LAKE OF FIRE, Agnostic!