I just started growing [tips needed!]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by chelseeisdope, Aug 12, 2009.

1. My friend had given me a matured plant that just needed to flower and it was starting to bud but someone messed up the 12hr schedule and it dried up.
    so now im starting from scratch and I've germinated the seeds and i planted them today. I'm on a TIGHT budget so I'm just wondering what some tips would be as far as lighting.oh and don't say sunlight.lol.because i have to grow it inside.i already have the perfect place set up from where i had been growing my other plant.
    I just need a few tips on what to do to make it grow right
    and where i can buy affordable lighting.
    any help would be great actually.

2. #2 Deleted member 166296, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
    A tight budget... hmmm you'll prolly end up using multiple CFL's for lighting. You can get CFL's at like Home Depot and similar stores.

Some interesting shit... http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/lights.shtml#7

I had never seen CFL's in a a large reflector like an A-Wing before so I thought that was kinda surprising...for me at least. You can get the bulbs cheap at Home depot like I said and get a few and hook em up and then make a reflector yourself
    Get some aluminum or reflective plastic or something with white paint on it...GL

3. thank you.before i was using a regular 100watt bulb and it was taking forever for the plant to finally bud and when it did someone kept it on too long and it died.i work 16hr days so its kinda hard for me to constantly keep track of it.

4. Damn that sucks. You can get some really cheap timers...plug all the lights into a power strip then the power strip into a timer...timer into wall. CFL's don't use too many watts either so =)

5. yea i have it all set up i just need to buy lighting and timers.lol.
    hopefully i can get that done this weekend.