Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I Just Saw This Above the Influence Commercial.....

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ThenPlayOn, Jun 20, 2012.

1. and it actually made some good points. it was one of those "newer" style commercials that has screenshots of the internet and youtube videos and shit. there were some dumb parts, but toward the end it just showed a bunch of "be brave" and "do what makes you happy" messages.

and i thought to myself

"they're right"

and i paused, thought about my life.

and decided: I'm gonna do what makes me happy

thus, i am packing another bowl

2. i also enjoy this commercial and its message to do what makes you happy. i shall smoke at once. :smoking:

3. Right on haha

4. I haven't seen one of those ads in a while come to think of it! I think the last one I remember seeing routinely was the one with the girl talking to her dog...or maybe I have just been getting too stoned to care about them :laughing:

5. Why is it that these commercials are always so hilarious stoned?

6. The girl talking to the dog one was hilarious. And there was another one that was saying not to drink and had this kid jumping off of buildings across the city. Like wtf? Yeah don't drink but go ahead and leap across skyscrapers

7. pretty sure its fake but still hilarious

[​IMG]

8. I just saw that commercial. I just hate the fact that they make ganja smokers look like weak willed humans who succumb to peer pressure every time.

9. Ive seen the youtube video one. Anyone who posts a video telling everyone theyre above the influence wants attention, just like that one person (weve all met one) who uses weed for attention. Its funny bc theyre the same:)

10. I just saw the funniest commercial ever, it was for a some scam college called ITT Technical Institute, and on the commercial they had professors and students saying stuff. One of the teachers said "You betta believe itt tech will improve you, cause i'm gonna learn ya." :laughing:

11. [quote name='"PeacefulStoner"']I just saw the funniest commercial ever, it was for a some scam college called ITT Technical Institute, and on the commercial they had professors and students saying stuff. One of the teachers said "You betta believe itt tech will improve you, cause i'm gonna learn ya." :laughing:[/quote]

Lol ITT Tech isn't a scam, but I do agree that their commercials aren't the best.

12. I wonder who's behind these Above the Influence Commercials hmm.

13. Alcohol and Tobacco companies probably

14. I remember the one from a long time ago when the kids body was melted down haha. Yep weed makes you feel like that ;D

15. I remember there was another one where there was a couple dudes in a diner and the one kid is like "we about to go get twisted u coming or what?"
    and the other kid said "nah man i gotta go hit the books" and then the owner of the diner said "nah we straight" when he tried to pay him. That one actually had a pretty good message though.

16. Nice avatar brah.

17. For your viewing pleasures

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh8GbPnoqCI"]Flat- anti pot ad - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q1WQKL1Yps&feature=related]"That's illegal" - 90's anti-drug commercial - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EkHuHkFvA]above the influence dog commercial - YouTube[/ame]

18. LMAO @ the dog one, they don't air that where I live or I've never seen it and I watch TV allot......
    Trying to say weed is like alcohol making you disoriented and tipsy.... tsk tsk.
    Got to say though when I look at my dogs after I smoke I feel like there mad at me or disappointing, then I remember I'm just high.

19. #19 Faded Shade, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    the above the influence kinda pisses me off more then anything.. I remember one where the kid shot himself with the shotgun cuz he smoked weed or something like that.

I'd be ok with a type of "above the influence" commercials if they actually stated facts and reasons for not doing whatever drug but them acting like if you smoke weed you wont do your schoolwork, you'll kill someone, you'll sit on the couch and be "boring" and do nothing with ur life, or acting like your a weak person on the youtube videos and that u cant be happy unless u stay away from drugs... its all a bunch of crap but all u can do really is hope kids will be smarter and not let a commercial fill they're heads with lies.

20. Weed is bad, we should burn it!