I just saw 3 shooting stars - or ufo's? - the sky's been strange

Discussion in 'General' started by NFloyd2357, Dec 17, 2008.

1. THe sky has been very bizarre lately. I'd like to first point out that i have never seen a shooting star, or a UFO. This weekend, I saw what im pretty sure was 2 shooting stars. they were in the same area. I looked up, saw one shoot past and disappear, and was like "phat, i think i saw a shooting star!" before i finished my thought, another one zoomed by in the same spot. I was completely amazed, i have never seen one in my 20 years of life! and i forgot to make a wish! then, a day later, i saw another shooting star!!!!!!! like, what are the chances?! never seen one in my life, and i see 3 in 2 days. weird. Im pretty sure they were shooting stars, but with the increasing amount of reports ive been hearing from people and friends about UFO sightings, i couldnt help but let the thought grace my mind. I fully beleive in ET life, but ive never seen anything to prove it, im just waiting for them to come:D. either way, the skies have been crazy lately, people have been noticing, and i just saw 3 flashes of light shoot through the sky over the course of 2 days. thought id share

2. was it real quick then disappear as quickly as it came?

there could be a meteor shower??
    then again, it could be UFO's with aliens in them..:devious::devious:

3. yea, it was. i remember thinking it was probably some kind of meteor showers. i was fucked up and remember saying something along the lines of "woah some planets about to get its shit FUCKED UP!" to my friend

4. AWW no!
    i wanted to watch the meteor shower.. whenever it was.

5. I want to see a ufo man

6. when was it supposed to be? I think i saw whatever i saw saturday night at around 1:30ish EST (though it could have been later, i had lost track of time by then)

7. You sir witnessed Geminids. It's a meteor shower caused by an extinct comet. You can see the the meteor shower around this time of the month; also its not uncommon to see 120+ objects light up the sky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geminids

8. thats pretty sick, glad i finally saw somethin like that! although I was hopin it were some UFO's :p

9. Haha, well you gotta believe that there were one or two ufos catchin a ride in that shower!

10. yeah i think it said saturday on the weather network.
    so, probably what you were seeing, haha.

11. #11 Benficachop, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    Dude, I was outside that same time that same day I think we both saw the same 2 shooting stars saturday haha, how awsome is that?

12. You've never seen a shooting star before!?!

:eek:

Damn, I find that weird... I can go outside on any clear night and see a few every 5 minutes or so.

How much light pollution in your area?

13. same thing happened to me this weekend.. I was driving and had 3 friends with me and then all of a sudden a see a shooting star go by and i was like "OMG i saw a shooting star!!!!" cuz i had also never seen one in my life(18 yrs old) then maybe about an hour or two later i look in my rear view mirror and im almost positive it was another one and i was like WTF?!?!

i wasnt sure if i saw a light or another shooting star(pretty sure it was a shooting star) but when i said "i just saw another one!" a couple of my friends were saying how one of there friends saw 4 tonite and someone else they know or it was one of them(cant remember) said they saw one or two.. i couldnt believe what was going on

oh and to the OP i made a wish when i saw the first one hahah.. after i saw it i was thinking like gotta make a wish gotta make a wish.. hahahahha