I just had police action threatened against me...what are my rights?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by sandaclaus, Nov 28, 2011.

1. You should take the counsel of WildWill and JBits and some of the others who are concerned for you. You are just really messed up right now over this whole deal and you need to cool out before you get the cops down on your ass. Just give yourself time to heal.

2. inform them of your First Amendment rights... isnt that obvious? also check your state's anti-SLAPP laws, if your state has good ones you should be able to get any civil litigation dismissed right away and recover lawyer fees.

but if you threatened this lawyer you may actually be in violation of the law. however calling people profane names by email is clearly protected speech under the first amendment.

3. [quote name='"2FootBong"']inform them of your First Amendment rights... isnt that obvious? also check your state's anti-SLAPP laws, if your state has good ones you should be able to get any civil litigation dismissed right away and recover lawyer fees.

but if you threatened this lawyer you may actually be in violation of the law. however calling people profane names by email is clearly protected speech under the first amendment.[/quote]

It's the threatening of physical violence all of us are referring to. Not calling her a cunt lol

4. This is spot on ^

OP has some issues.

:wave:

5. [quote name='"sandaclaus"']

Actually, this is what I wrote her...admittedly, it was meant to be disturbing. However, is it possible she did something to earn my venom? Again, what she did was so much worse...I just want a fair fight.

subject title: Cunt, don't think I forgot about you.

Hey Big Time Lawyer,

This is just a friendly reminder that I am currently working hard to fuck your world up, and there is not much you can do about it. I keep a copy of what you wrote in my back pocket so my hatred for you, and people like you, never fades. If you think I am going to allow you to make a living off of my illness, your just bananas (Ha Ha, get it?) LOL!!

In all seriousness, I have earned the right to beat the shit out of you, and I don't think many people will be able to say otherwise. So, sleep tight sweetheart...I think I am going to enjoy tormenting you for the rest of your pathetic life.

P.S. Gary Berg, if you think you are going to escape this purge, you are just as fucking stupid as BTL is.

Happy HO HO HOLidays.[/quote]

dude, thats a clear threat and you certainly violated state and probably federal criminal codes. like someone else said, kiss their asses, maybe they'll agree to not call the cops. but youre a straight wierdo... why would u email someone that, and then not expect to face criminal sanctions?

6. It's just like a woman to overreact to something so insignificant.

7. WHAT? Troll much?

8. OP is clearly delusional and living in a fairy tale land with his santa economics plan. Your actions were completely out of line bro.

9. Sad but true.

10. #50 Fëanor, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Sorry man but based on your posts in this thread you need a harsh dose of reality. I know it is going to be harsh but you really need some help seeing this from another perspective. Here it is:

I kept bolding physical violence so hopefully you will see how fucking ridiculous it is. You can call her a cunt all day Sunday and the cops will probably just explain how to use her Junk E-Mail filter to block you. But you brought violence into the equation and now it is serious.

Hint: most people who choose to be a lawyer for their profession, would pay someone to execute your elderly mother before they would get involved in a fist fight ;) I think this is why she panicked and you got a response. Whereas I would have read your e-mail, said out loud, "You're the cunt!" and deleted it. :D

Bullshit you have to go through? You mean not getting a job you wanted? Tough cookies.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being a dick or being nice. It means that based on similarities between your behavior and the behavior of people who are known to be dangerous, they believe there is a good chance that one day you will SNAP and do something out of control.

They didn't screw up with the e-mail. You did when you brought physical violence into the discussion. You have proved nothing that puts them in the wrong.

Yes, I would think differently. No, the law would not.

You do have good intentions but if you truly believe that turning you down for work is on par with child molestation, you need to get over yourself.

It could easily be interpreted as a threat. People are very likely to do things that they believe they have the right to do.

1 - How do you know she has never had a seizure?
    2 - Some people are offended by Santa. Even if it destroys you. They feel he is a religious icon from a religion that is not their own. I don't see how it's offensive either, but some people do.

"The road to hell was paved with the best of intentions."

The road you are on now (anger and thoughts of physical violence) is absolutely the wrong path. You just need to find a different way to help those suffering from epilepsy, because you are done with the EF forever.

Things change legally once you start making money. How would you feel if they used your plan, then got sued by the person holding the trademark and lost millions of dollars fighting the lawsuit? Because that's what they are trying to avoid.

They just have a different perspective than you do of what is "in their power".

If you truly sent them 100 e-mails without a response then they started ignoring you a long time ago and you probably could've taken the hint that nothing was changing anytime soon.

You do have the right to say something.
    You do NOT have the right to say things involving physical violence against them.
    You also do NOT have the right to act on it. Are you the owner of the EF? Some sort of supervisor or manager within the EF? No, you're not, so you have no right to run their organization.
    You do have the right to offer your input.
    And they have the right to ignore you.

After all of this you still do not realize your mistake. Here you are posting yet another threat of physical assault. Yes, spitting on someone is assault in many jurisdictions.

Ah, the old "You don't know me!" argument favored by unruly teenagers on daytime TV talk shows.

1 - You are in the wrong for making comments about physical violence.
    2 - Epilepsy, seizures, Santa, cunts, ignored e-mails, and pink bunny rabbits have NOTHING to do with you making comments about physical violence.

If you had just called her a cunt she probably would have continued to ignore you as she had been doing already. The reason you got a response is because you mentioned physical violence.

Should it? No, not in my opinion. Will it? Yes, very likely if people you are trying to work with discover it.

11. Santa Claus has nothing to do with religion.

..and you fucked up big time op. Write a real nice letter saying you've found religion and you'd never hurt a fly. Tell them you agree with their point of view and you're happy where you're at. Good luck and don't threaten people. (Sorry about the crap you've had to go through!!) :(

12. [quote name='"WildWill"']Whoa, after reading their polite, and BOILERPLATE legal response to you regarding your efforts, I believe you have made a HUGE mountain out of a mole hill...and I believe you did this because of the lingering effects of your disease.

I also believe that you won't listen to reason because you will read and interpret what you want to.

They aren't out to get you. Likely they don't know you from adam and consider you an annoying pest at most. You are not a thorn in their side because basically you don't exist outside of your own bubble of a world. You aren't as important as you think you are.

Your Santa Claus movement sadly will never get anywhere, you have no rudder to guide you, no ship to steer and nothing but dreams and wishes. I've seen this before, in my own family in fact, and it was due to lingering effects from a series of strokes. Your reality is not in the same realm as the real world, and your effect on the real world is much less than you imagine it to be.

I'm saying this to try to help, I'm not hating on you Scott. But you really have gone off the deep end here.

Imagine from THEIR point of view what has occurred here.

A guy comes to them offering to help with an idea that frankly they don't want or need to be involved in. They realize that the person has more issues than can be enumerated for said idea to actually work, and they politely decline any further involvement.

NOW this person freaks out on them, threatening them, verbally harassing them and emailing threats.

Your statement above about how you think your work is more important than a person's life, well that's where you lost me brother. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN PEOPLE'S LIVES and to think that you are so callous as to say that really appalls me. Makes me sick to my stomach in fact.

I've supported your ideas before and have been pretty open minded when it comes to you, but that ends today. I cannot abide that attitude or behavior.

YOU ARE IN THE WRONG HERE. There's no getting around it. They aren't out to get you, rather they are now in a defensive posture because of your aggressive behavior.

Please stop. Now. I'm begging you.

What worries me now is how you're going to turn on GrassCity or me when you read this.[/quote]

Quoted again, just to make sure you read it. This is the absolute truth. I know you really care about this, but you need a serious reality check. Please, consider giving up this pursuit, for now at least. Focus on your own mental health before you try to help thousands of others. You can still find ways to help people that share your condition...there are much more realistic ways of helping than starting a charity with the goal of bringing in millions of dollars.

13. Man, can't you see the beauty in the wisdom that is being spread out before you on this thread? These people CARE about you, bro. Man, I can feel the love for you burning up the wires. You gotta THINK about what is in your best interests. Right now a lot of people see a man turning down the wrong path and they are just trying to help him get back on the right path. This is all for you, man.

Now please come along with us down the right path and you will never be alone. But along the wrong path you will always be alone and fighting everyone. Now is the time to tell us you are going to do the right thing.

14. this guys crazy.

15. everyone, thanks for the posts...Even if I did screw up, I feel I had every right to. And I never threatened her with physical violence at all...I just made it known she was no longer going to be making a living off of my illness. Ask any Epileptic on this site, from Dirtydingus to anyone else, and they might have a different opinion...

by the way, this was my response immediately after I got threatened...What bothers me is nobody has gotten back to me. If I committed a serious crime, then arrest me. There is nothing in my past that would suggest violence.

I still think I am in the right. Its the Epilepsy Foundation verse the ideals of Santa Claus...even if I wind up in jail, Santa would still be turned into a tool for charity...thats how simple my discovery is...guys, you really can't see this yet?

I have done everything I could think of to help the Epilepsy Community. I have sacrificed my entire being for the good of the Cause, without so much as jaywalking. And you are telling me the EFA is willing to go public with the idea that people with Epilepsy would be offended using the image of Santa to help them out?

Are you really ready to have this fight? I have ten cents to my name, but will take this fight on any day of the week. The amount of tears and heartache Ms Dukes email caused made me give up the fight to help people like me. My tears that are rolling down my face as I type this message to you are real, so I hope you know what you are up against.

When I was seventeen, I used to beg to die due to my seizures. I had hot-water epilespy, and used to have seizures in the shower. I spent many days crying on the bathroom floor, not understanding what was going on...Your argument is going to be that I would have been offended because some money that could have helped me came from Santa? Will this be the entire pulse of the Epilepsy community?

Tony, I am not some punk, and there is a reason why I waited until this day to send it. If I am a problem for the rest of the country because I believe I discovered a way to help transfer the Santa money to the charities, I will gladly ask to leave and nobody from the EFa will ever hear from me again. But thats if the public believes my email, which is the worst thing I have probably ever done in my life, is worth me being kicked out of the US.

if you would like to talk about this first, something I have asked to do on numerous occasions, let me know. Just want to give you the option.

By the way, how much does your office really know about the theory of Santa Economics? If I am right, and it could help people, would you be willing to put this nastiness between us, and get to the business at hand: Which is doing everything we can to help the E-community.

No way am I the bad guy here. Good luck trying to portray that side to the public.

16. Thinker, this was a good post. I have been on hear a year, and have never displayed violence at all. I have talked about something crazy: Santa Economics. I am not sure I picked a stoner forum, other than because that is how I probably see myself: a stoner that just happened to make one of the more important discoveries of the 21st century, at least in terms of charity. Santa Claus is an untapped resource, and records will show I have spent the last seven years consumed by this. I feel I have a moral responsibility, because I have inside information that can help others. Maybe after this December, if it doesn't work out, I will quit and give up...but not this month. NO way.

How can I make right of this situation...seriously? We can all agree that if I started behaving myself right now, and I think I have done a pretty good job considering, the Santa Movement should be kickstarted ( if society can do it with a color pink, it should not be a problem to do with Santa)...what is the right way to do this?

17. dirtydingusus has been considering his response to this thread for days......
    i personally think you need to do what you feel you must do
    yet i have also tried in other places to hint to you that some things are best kept to yourself.....
    i posted for you a conversation i had with someone i felt had done me wrong....i was not nice...but i was not nasty ither......
    and when i got to the point that i felt the need to write a nasty letter......the one with the threats and the i wish you were dead......i wrote it! ....but i didnt send it.........
    you cannot for a moment deny these feelings you have......
    but as you are here begging people to understand your "condition"....it would do you some real good to start understanding it a bit better yourself!!!!
    you could possibly make some real improvements in your own life....by simply understanding yourself better.....

something we need to consider...seriously......not in the way it has been mentioned in this thread by some....is the way that epilepsy and mental illness are linked to one another.....many epileptics can have the symptoms of many different mental disorders all tied together.......
    i personally deal with most and sometimes all of the symptoms of schizophrenia....on the regular....as well as a host of symptoms from a dozen other psychological disorders....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/647043-psychology-neurology-anyone.html
    many epileptics-some on occasion-some all the time-have to deal with extreme delusions of grandeur.......this all by itself is enough to make you feel justified in anything you do.....

im not telling you that you are wrong in what you feel!
    i am telling you that if you get a better understanding of what is really going on in your head........you may be able to make much better use of what gifts you do have......

apologize to the bitch.....its the last thing they will expect.....
    but dont stop fighting for what you feel.....

just find a better way to do it....

i personally can only do this when i am the one in controle.......when i am haveing alot of little seizures all the time....my thinking gets all fucked up.....and all my "filters" go out the window....i say and do things that i would not say and do in my right mind......
    the cupple people i let around me know thats whats going on and when they tell me latter...i apologize....even if i can see why i would have felt justified at the time......when that is the case....i explain it to them.....i can see why i would have said that at the time because i know (from listening to others and putting pieces together myself)i know how i can be in that state of mind....

you want to take on the world?

you will only be successful if you learn to master yourself first!

and if you still feel you must...then take these people on!!!!!dont stop......change methods....your current method is not beneficial to you....not getting you what you want...

another thing that i tend to do when my head is a mess.....without even realizing it.....i become rather self destructive.....
    i do things that i know are not good for me...cus i feel compelled to do them....just as you felt compelled to send that letter......

i would have wrote it....but not sent it.....
    i would have sent her an edited version.....

people like me are the reason you are considered dangerous.....sorry about that.....
    i would wake up tied to the bed in a hospital with no idea how i got there...or how long i had been there.........only to find out that it took more then a dozen cops and EMTs to get me into the ambulance......
    and even more to get me tied down in the hospital.....once...sometimes twice a week for something like 2 or 3 years...when they first put me on meds...when i was diagnosed
    the drugs they like to use dont slow me down when i am in that state......

you want to know why they consider epileptics potentially dangerous?
    people like me.......

they tell me that the worst time i fought them off three times......
    and they refused to come back in the house after me again until there was a court order........
    they tell me that day it took 19 people to get me tied down in the ER....idk how that is even possible? they say that no matter how much adivan they pumped into me.....i would still come to...every 10 mins...and even in the restraints i would start punching and kicking people......
    and i remember none of it......have to take the word of the people who were there about my life..what i said and did...

you wanna know why they consider you potentially dangerous?
    the answer is me........sorry about that..

maybe you are right?
    maybe you are wrong?
    but the way you are going about it.....isnt working......and you are letting that frustration.....fuck up everything you are trying to accomplish.....

they dont want your help......wouldnt it help you more to simply look for someone who does?
    maybe?

its not about if you are willing to fight or not.....its about how you fight......seriously...

when i was 17.....i woke up in the hospital tied to the bed......that was the first time for that scenario
    nakid....covered in blood and charcoal....they thought i was drunk and had taken pills......so pumped my stumik(sp?)....they figured i had to be on something to be fighting so many of them like that......
    you would think maybe they would figure out i was having seizures then? nope.....it was 15years latter before they figured it out.....those people just sent me to the mental hospital for a cupple weeks...until i bulshited my way out of there.....
    i had this shit my whole life...and no one gave enough of a shit to figure it out...........
    point being....we all had/have it ruff.......

i get where you are coming from.....
    you want to accomplish something?
    find a new way to go about it!

you are making a bigger deal of it then necessary....did i mention that another extremity common thing with epileptics....is an inflated "fight or flight response" some are quick to run from any confrontation....even those imagined....while some are quick to jump on any confrontation.....real or imagined....

they dont care....if they did ...you would know by now....stop fighting someone who doesnt care what you have to say....and use that energy to find someone who does want to listen......
    what could be better "revenge" then to send then a letter on day with something showing how well the idea they turned away is working for someone elts......

your not the bad guy and fuck the public.....
    right now ...all the energy you could be focusing on following your ideas/goals..... you are putting into hating someone......and it isnt getting you anywhere......;):smoke:

dont stop fighting....just do it in a way that will actually lead toward what you want ....instead of keeping it always out of reach.....

18. [quote name='"sandaclaus"']everyone, thanks for the posts...Even if I did screw up, I feel I had every right to. And I never threatened her with physical violence at all...I just made it known she was no longer going to be making a living off of my illness. Ask any Epileptic on this site, from Dirtydingus to anyone else, and they might have a different opinion...

by the way, this was my response immediately after I got threatened...What bothers me is nobody has gotten back to me. If I committed a serious crime, then arrest me. There is nothing in my past that would suggest violence.

I still think I am in the right. Its the Epilepsy Foundation verse the ideals of Santa Claus...even if I wind up in jail, Santa would still be turned into a tool for charity...thats how simple my discovery is...guys, you really can't see this yet?
    [/quote]

1. Uhhhhhh....no.....you totally threatened violence....more than once....

2. Bro, I been reason your post and I understand what you are trying to do, but WAKE UP DUDE!!

Ok, so you go to jail and your family misses you and a couple people on GC.

No one who doesn't know you and your ideas is going to have any idea you're in jail, nor care.

No one is going to print "SANDACLAUS HAS BEEN ARRESTED AND JAILED" on the front page of the world news section of some newspaper.

You're gunna get locked up, and you're going to lose.

Yu had great intentions with Santa Economics and it makes me so sad to see you losing control.

I really hope you get your head on straight man, yu got mad love and good vibes comin from over my way.

READ THAT OTHER GUYS SUPER LONG POST, ITS SPOT ON.

19. I received this email yesterday morning when I woke up:

I heard about you in something by Grant Lingle. Do you still do charitable work as Santa? My partner and I own a few body shops and I got burned pretty badly several years ago while working on a car. I would like to do something at an upcoming car show to try and raise money for kids who are victims of bad burns to educate people about safety and to provide treatment for kids. Is this something that you do? How much would it cost for us to have you help us spread the word? We would want to pay for your travel expenses and we want to get something set up for a show this spring in Delaware. How far would you have to travel from and is airfare the only option? Thanks for any information you can give and I hope we can get something set up.

20. look at that!
    a positive direction to put all that energy you have in!
    fuck those people who dont care what you have to say and dont want your help......jump on this shit with some people who are actually interested!!!!and go make something fucking happen!