I just had an experience with God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ISnuff, Feb 10, 2014.

Unless of course, you're trying to corrupt me by saying that they are alike. Perhaps God likes a good war. Who are you to judge, right? Mysterious ways, God's plan, blah blah blah.

It would be impossible to say God "likes" anything. War exists, so it was meant to exist. People like war, other beings as well perhaps.

War was meant to exist? Please tell your God not to bother me and to stay far away from me. Yikes! Scary stuff!

Is this what I have to believe if I believe in your God?

Lol that comment doesn't even make sense. God is immanent within creation and transcendent. So in a way he's beyond your reach, but also a part of you. Or rather, you a part of him.

You don't have to believe in anything, but if war exists, then it exists.

You keep making up all these "facts" about God but never explain how you know these "facts" are true.

Can you please show us that God is all these things? Otherwise, it's just something you pulled out of your ass and can be safely ignored, like my grandpa's story about walking 30 miles to school in 3 feet of snow with no shoes.

Lol it doesn't work like that. I don't know how to explain this to you. It's not about these facts being true or false, it just doesn't make sense to even attribute truth or falsehood to the things I'm saying.

I can't show you anything. I've already shown you something, but you fail to see it constantly. You can ignore it if you want.

God is simply the highest common denominator. If the range of degrees extends infinitely in both positive and negative directions, you can describe God as being that symbol of infinity, regardless of there being a (-) beside it or not.

7. #47 Firestorm60, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

Well, that was a letdown. I thought you were gonna verify all of that information for us. :p

If a say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the symbol of infinity, you wouldn't take it seriously, and you expect me to take you seriously? That isn't very fair at all.

Although, the symbol for infinity does look more like a spaghetti noodle........holy crap! :O

8. you were probably just really high and free writing for the first time. but anyway, whatever makes you happy man, if god is speaking to you on a two way radio, so be it. as long as hes not telling you to go harm people or whatever i see no damage done. people believe crazier shit i can tell you that for sure. 

Lol I don't expect much from you at all. You still don't seem to understand how the FSM simply doesn't equate to the idea of God in even the slightest sense.

That's because you have a blind spot for your God. You are skeptical of the claims of the FSM, but can't apply the same reasoning to your God. That's intellectual dishonesty.

What is the reasoning? What is the blind spot?

Oh pickled! I am going to smoke now with a friend.

Just keep pondering the fact that the infinity symbol looks like a spaghetti noodle. So in a way, members of the church of the FSM have more evidence of their creator than you do.  This is seriously the same kind of silly stuff people use to "prove" their God is real.

Haha go ahead my friend. I'd ask you to ponder and meditate on God, but you simply don't have the proper conception. You're better off praying to the FSM.

If you let others define meaning for you, how will you find true meaning?  How will you find understanding if you do not look at what something means to you instead of what it means to someone else?

You're explaining your misunderstanding of my words but you're not asking questions to gain a better understanding.  Yes, we live in a world defined by our conceived laws, though rules are still made to be broken.  Even if you can defy physics for a brief period of time, it will not last unless you are inhuman.  I've witnessed the violation of physics, but it does not make me void from karma, there is too much negativity in the world for me to single handedley defy all constraints we perceive.

If you truly seek extraordinary evidence, it will make itself present in your life.  Open your mind and heart to the possibilities and they become possible.

Try asking questions before shooting down.

Oh, and the nobel peace prize thing, that's a joke, Obama won that.

Keyword, without.  Ego.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is because PP is god, at least in his head.  We can't let him understand the delusion in this thinking though, or his head will explode and the pieces will end up scattered all over Pandora's box, and all Rummy's horses and all of Yoda's men won't be able to put it back together again.

Lol Please explode my head Monk. So far your reasoning falls short. I attribute it to lack of understanding and don't blame you for it.

He is god.  As am I, as are you.  We're all conscious beings.  We're all from the same universe.  We're all different points of god.

19. #59 1Trismegistus1, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014

You must not understand how the english language works homeboy.  You said one of the definitions says that spirituality is synonymous with religion.  However, many words have many definitions, however it does not mean that all of them apply to the context the word is used in.  Let's use the word  "set" for example.  it can mean to set something down, a movie set,, for something to settle.  If I use the word set in a sentence, i am not using every definition of the word merely because they exist as definitions.  Or likewise the word fire.  It can mean fire as in the burning fire, or to terminate someone from a job.  If I fire you, it doesn't mean I'm also lighting you ablaze at the same time.  Or running.  i could say you're running but it doesn't mean that you have turned into a liquid and are dripping down something, or that you are running for office.

And so yes, spirituality is not necessarily synonymous with religion.  A person can be spiritual without abiding by any particular religion.  We wouldn't sit here and try to say that Buddhists aren't spiritual, yet they don't necessarily believe in a God at all, depending on the sect of Buddhism.  So being spiritual does not make one religious.

So yeah, fuck up outta here lol.

That made perfect sense, except I think  there appears to be one term that wasn't really necessary and just deludes the entire thing.  Hmm, I wonder which one it is.  Damn this is a tough one.  :p