i just got fired

Discussion in 'General' started by ForbinsAscent, Jul 7, 2011.

1. from my yard maintenance job. I have been unemployed for years and a few weeks ago found a job with a small family owned company in seattle. I landed it after cold calling when i lived in another city. I worked about three days and was dismissed early at the fourth. the guy who dismissed me was a total prick. people swearing at hime while leaning out of their car windows, and he drives like he is so much better than everyone. chain smoker. communicates like a telegraph: get bucket. mow there. just a total moron if you ask me. The boss lady said I mowed a lily, and they need some one with more experience. I am fairly new to land scape but I have been growing for many years and have a passion for gardening it kind of pisses me off to be dismissed from such a job when I believe I am more than qualified for it. way i have to go in to return my shears and pick up a forty dollar check. I am thinking about letting them know about that guy i worked with because I am sure he dismissed me early so he can work over time since he is buying an RV (I heard him tell his fiance over the phone)

2. look sit down, :bongin: and relax. just mow your own lawns if you have to.. they sound like ass holes.

3. I would tell on him. I might even go so far as to say he's the one who told you to mow where the lily was (depending on the circumstances, which you know and I don't). But don't be doing it as a way to get your job back; you're just looking out for the best interests of the company that was willing to give you a try after years of unemployment. Walk out of that office as the bigger man and hope that you'll hear back soon.

4. Yeah a lot of work places have those type of people, just keep looking for a new job and bring what you said up to the big boss.

5. Wouldn't be the first time Seattle seen an ex disgruntled employee come back and shot up the office !

Then you can really show him how you mow the lillies

6. Sounds pretty lame, but I've seen people get fired for stupid things too. A girl once got fired for sexual harassment because we were flirting and she grabbed my dick haha

7. Maybe your just a lazy piece of shit.. No offense but I've known some lazy ass motherfuckers who swear up and down there busting there ass. And there not..

8. I fired a big salvo of spooj onto the headboard the other night. easily 4 foot away, i was so proud.;)

9. Says the person with a body frame the size of my little cousin. You should at least be able to take up the seat of a compact.

10. I once saw a lady flip out cuz a maintenance company's truck brushed the side of the curb with its tire

people are nuts

11. hey yall thanks for all the replies. I definitely chilled and :bongin: out after that one. I am thinking about sending her an email saying that one of the customers actually compliented my work (i pruned her ferns) and professing my loyalty and committment as prime reasons they should call me to work. But I am not so hopeful about this job. more like, it makes me think I need to go back to school I'm 25 and have a BA so I feel like I would stand a chance to re-educate and enter the work force at a more skilled level. In the short term I am tempted to try and mow lawns on my own I could use my uncle's mower and haul it around in my trunk (bungee cords o yea) but I don't have much vision as to how I would get the jobs and work consistently. I love garden work but it has been a thing that I do for a lot of time with little or no payment. I have been told i should start my own business but I seem to lack the motivation or something. Sorry if that seems like a whole rant, Any way I don't have any money but I am lucky enough to live with people who cover my expenses (people I like a lot) ;) I feel pretty lame that I rely on them so much but I think I will just spend the next weeks volunteering gardening work as much as I can because it really is what I enjoy doing and find fulfilling

12. Don't go crawling back into their arms you fool, that's what they want you to do. Besides, what exactly do you plan to learn from doing that?

You got a lawn mower? Start your own business, son. Do what any sporting American would do.

13. uh, you say it like its so easy. SO I get the mower. put it in my trunk. Then what? spray paint my car with LAWN MOWING and GARDENING? I know that might look sarcastic. it's not. I have a 87 galant I know I guy who does the spray and will seriously spray it.

14. they could have taught me pruning, line trimming, edging, and probably a few other things.

have you started your own business?? i mean it's not as easy as you say, can you give a few examples? perhaps without calling me any more names? I mean I;m not offended I have friends we call each other plenty of names. I could really use some constructive advice though.

thanks in advance

15. Come on man you sound like a douche, why use his avatar as a way to get back at him for what he said? You sound like a 14year old school bully.

16. #16 MotaVerde, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    this 3 step process will solve all your problems.

1. go to his front porch with a taser &megaphone at 3 in the morning naked, covered in blood
    2. scream into the megaphone "LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO ME!" while taking a dump.
    3. when they come to the door throw poop at him, than tase him, than donkey punch the wife while screaming at the kids in the megaphone "YOUR DADDY RAPED ME IN MY ASS AND IT HURT!"

17. Some things in life just aren't worth dying over.

If you're working a bullshit ass job in this economy, you have virtually no incentive to work harder with the exception of getting fired. 9 times out of 10, you will get no pay raise and even if you do, I guarantee you'll be treated like plant shit all the same.

At the end of the day, in most places you can get away with doing satisfactory work because you'll get paid anyway.

Take it from me, I work at Target and I get paid less than ten dollars an hour to run up and down ladders like a chicken with my head cut off pulling items from the back of the store to send to the front. Most of the days I'm in a "fuck it" attitude and so are most of my fellow coworkers. No one really stands out as exceptional quality because we all know this job is bullshit. We all know we're disposable and replaceable because even if we do our best they'll find an excuse to fire us anyway. It all comes down to "office politics". If they like you, you'll stay. If they don't, well good luck buddy.

I don't give a fuck either way because I'm not the one paying my bills in my house. I'll say it again:

Some things in life just aren't worth dying over.

18. Such a creative way to call somebody a pansie ass. I love it! :D :hello:

19. Who the fuck says you need advertisement like that?

Just put it out on craigslist, get a few clients do a great job - word of mouth will go around and within a few mths you will have to turn people down.

I did it for a summer when I was hard up, its easy as fuck. Hell many, if you are closer to Tacoma lets do the shit together, make a few bucks.

20. You say you have BA? In what? Why aren't you pursuing work in that field? If I had a degree, I would be calling up every single business in the area that pertained to my field and asking for an interview. Create yourself a resume and just continue to call multiple places every single day. Don't be picky about it either. Just keep calling until someone agrees to give you an interview.

If your degree is in something other than what you really want to pursue, begin pursuing the passion. If it's landscaping, call every landscape place and inquire about an apprenticeship. Allow someone to take you under their wing and teach you everything they can about the business. When you go back to give your bosses their stuff, ask about an apprenticeship. Let them know you're willing to work for free if it means you can gain the experience they want. It shows passion and an eagerness to learn. Especially since your letting them know you'll work for free.