I just got... a wierd job.

Discussion in 'General' started by Arnack, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Hello,
    I am always low on money, and I hate working (how surprising) because I don't like getting up and going to work 10 hours a day.. So I decided to search around in the 'net and came upon a website that pays you to write for them. I get 2.50$ per 530+ word article basically about anything I want. They send me 2-7 per day and I have to finish at least 20 articles per week.
    I know it's not a lot of money but it's good for using the cash to pick up some dime bags.
    -Arnack

oh, and here is an example of an article I have to write:

2. Not bad if you don't mind writing about random stuff. 500 words is nothing and 20 articles is an extra 8th a week. My buddy pays me $25 a job for getting him armor or doing quests in Final Fantasy 11... I don't mind.

3. Arnack: Good god! You provide content for cheap!

Starting in mid January I will pay you more than that for writing about more interesting and controversial subjects.

PM me if you are interested.

4. I could find you an infinite amount of work for half a cent per word. Look into copywriting and the various websites out there for quality writing. There are some $.10/word jobs out there.

5. Sounds like a good offer!

Arnack, you're selling yourself too cheap.
    Good luck man, I couldn't do that job.

6. I agree

7. I guess, but finding good-payed internet jobs is pretty tough.
    But I will PM you, UknownAmerican.

8. Are you sure this is legit? Seems shady to me, have you gotten paid yet? I'd hate to see a fellow member get scammed one way or the other :\

9. Thanks :D
    Yeah, it's legit. They have a website and it's very reputable. I just finished one article.. and I wrote it when I was stoned.. just skim through it and tell me what you think:

Can Short Term Use of Nicotine Patches Lead to Health Issues?

Is the product you use to quit a nasty addiction harmful to you? Studies say that while there are no serious harmful side-effects, there actually can be some dangers of regular use of a nicotine patch. If you are not really sure what exactly a nicotine patch is, it's a patch that is placed on the skin and it releases small amounts of nicotine in the body to decrease a craving for a cigarette of an addicted smoker. Because of this, the user is not inhaling harmful chemicals in a cigarette such as tar, carbon monoxide, carcinogens and acetone.

Short term use of a nicotine patch has no long term effects, but the patch can be addicting because it still has nicotine in it. If a nonsmoker applies the patch, chances are that he/she can become addicted to the chemical nicotine and crave for a cigarette even if he/she has never smoked one before. The side effects of the patch can lead to: nausea, headaches, dizziness, rashes near patch site and trouble sleeping. While these conditions aren't major, they still can lead to some trouble. Others report hiccups, dry eyes and watering mouths, as well as a runny or stuffy nose. Since nicotine is, in fact, a stimulant, you can expect a higher blood pressure or nervousness when the patch is applied. Serious allergic reactions of nicotine (and patches) can include seizures, uneven heart beats, and severe chest pains.

There are numerous ways to prevent other damages when using your nicotine patch:

1. Make sure you wash your hands after applying the patch, some excess nicotine that is on your fingers can spread to your nose, mouth or eyes.
    2. Make sure you place the patch on a clean, non hairy part of your body such as your upper arm or stomach area.
    3. Every day apply a new, fresh nicotine patch.
    4. Make sure the patch is fully disposed of in the trash so animals or kids cannot get into it.
    When you apply a nicotine patch the chemical is released into your body. When this happens, the regular side effects of the nicotine itself (and normal stimulant side effects) are also applied to the user's body. Nicotine is an extremely addictive drug. The chemical is sometimes considered more addictive than heroin and crack cocaine. The patch can also provide relaxation to the smoker. So, considering this information, keep the nicotine patches far away from children, as well as animals (for they can be allergic to nicotine). On the other hand, you do not need to worry about an overdose. It takes a lot of nicotine to overdose, and you should not worry about it as long as you apply one patch at a time.

So the use of nicotine patches cannot lead to long term health issues nor terminal damage, but can lead to small short term side effects. Nicotine patches also can give you the same, calming pleasure to an addict the same way a cigarette would. A nicotine patch is a (somewhat) safe substitute for tobacco products. As for a summery, short term use of a nicotine patch cannot lead to health issues, only minor side-effects.

Sources:
    1.) Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, Nicotine patch: Any harm in long-term use? December 21st, 2007: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nicotine-patch/AN01257

2.) The HealthCentral Network, Nicotine Patches. December 21st, 2007:
    http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/nic1292.htm

3.) Drugs.com, Nicotine Information from Drugs.com. December 21st, 2007:
    http://www.drugs.com/nicotine.html

10. why do they want these random questions answered ? doesnt seem to add up to me ...

11. have you gotten paid yet?

12. 2.50$ for the first article in my paypal. I can't wait till check it in! YES!

13. that'd be $2.50 before tax? :(

14. Does paypal take out for tax? (it goes straight to my bank account).. shit. :p

15. im sure the IRS will when they find out how you made a living

better save some money in case :)

16. can i get in on this? I use to write freelance for magazines :D

17. do you realize that he wrote that nearly two years ago?

18. LOL now i see it

guess a brain fart from last nites arizona lol