I just got a free clone what do I do??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Voski, Apr 21, 2010.

1. So I went to a shop today and they gave me a free clone! The problem is I don't know what to do with it. They gave it to me in a cup. Two of my friends grow but I am not sure when they can take it. Is there anything I should do to keep it alive? Should I leave it outside? Should I water it? Should I plant it in a pot? Can I leave it in a garage?

2. Does it have roots or is it a fresh cut? Is it planted in dirt in the cup?

"Should I water it?" It will die if you don't

"Should I leave it outside?" What do you mean "leave" if you want it to be an outdoor grow then plant it outside. If you just leave it out there in a cup it will die.

"Should I plant it in a pot?" Only if you want to take care of it. If you want to care for it as it grows then it can't stay in the cup.

"Can I leave it in a garage? \t" Yes, if you have the garage set up to grow.

If one of your friends is going to take it from you eventually, then plant it in a small pot, put it under a few cfl's in a small ventilated space and water it when it needs.

If it is just a clipping then just toss it out. By the time you learn how to and buy the supplies to root it it will be to late.

3. Very cool of them to do that for you. I think if you have the opportunity, which I'm sure you do, try and set up a little grow box for your plant; this can be as small as 1x1' and fit just about anywhere until it gets bigger in which case you can decide to put it outside or keep it inside. Get a CFL light and put it on it. Keep it on for about 18-24 hours a day and make sure the soil stays moist. It really all depends on what you want to do with it, how much effort you want to put into it, and how much time/money you want to spend.

4. One of my friends who has a full setup said he would come pick it up tonight. It has roots and its in rockwool (I think that's what it's called).