I just found out I have sleep paralysis

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by buddha1994, Sep 9, 2013.

1. I've always had it but i had other sleep disorders so i could never tell until last night. I had three attacks i was completely conscious but couldn't move my body. I didnt freak out because i was used to them but i always thought it was my sleep apnea. I was just wondering if anybody else has this problem.

2. I would look into lucid dreaming.

3. Its definitely not lucid dreaming

4. you must be fucking up your sleep pattern, for instance the usual time I go to sleep is around 11pm, but If' it's friday and I have nothing to do the next day I'll stay up from 1-5am, at that time I will expect sleep paralysis, had it twice and it really does suck the second time I just accepted it.

You read online and it says some bullshit about your eyes moving in your head, but according to my experience it's super trippy and you completely lose touch with reality:  I felt like there was something or someone sitting on my chest, then I got a really bad vibe that somebody was killing me in my sleep(you cant talk) , so I was just crying in my head haha I thought that's it my life is over, then I guess my head moved to the side and my curtain started turning into different patterns, then I heard a LOUD buzzing sound that I thought was coming from ceiling fan, but it was just a loud, consistent buzzing out of nowhere, then I fell asleep and had a realistic, weird dream and I woke up the next morning didn't even want to put my foot on the floor, weird experience.

5. The thing is i try to force myself to sleep at a certain time 11 maybe 11:30 and it still happened and when i was younger i was always asleep at 10 but it still happened

6. sleep paralysis isn't a disorder that you're born with, at least that's what i've learned. it's a case.

i've had multiple cases of sleep paralysis bro you don't even wanna know it has gotten ridiculously horrifying but i think religion plays a part on it too.

like ghosts would always sleep on top of me.. sometimes strangle me. and when i prayed (i'm not even that religious), they would disappear and i would wake up

soooo ya.... i know how u feel the first time i told my doctors they thought i was crazy but it's real shit. 

7. Yeah it suck i got use to it so i know its in my head. i remember seeing this women in a old white dress whispering my name that freaked me the hell out couldn't sleep for a min. Im goin to the doctor Friday.

seeee i know i'm not the only one !! 
    my grandma said sleep with a knife under my pillow but shit .. lol
    good luck though

9. Damn yo grandma sounds like a boss. Thanks. Did they prescribe you anything

10. hahahaha
    naw but they might wanna put you on antidepressants
    i just sleep on my side or my stomach cos if i face the ceiling i'll def get it.

11. Thanks for the info its really helpful

12. #12 Josh P, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013

You listen to too much hippity hop it is attracting demons in to your room.

[​IMG]

do you enjoy infuriating me joshy poo

Try listening to something like this.

Demons dislike Frank Sinatra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtFBRJFN3p8

this isn't Misc pipe down with the pics/videos. 

Such a badass huh?

17. From what i have experianced and read up on anyone can induce sleep paralasis through certain methods of tricking the body to go to sleep but not the brain, sleep paralasis is a defence method against dreams, so you dont go for a jog in your bed while you are running in your dreams. Basiclly when your brain thinks its time for sleep it will send a signal down to the body to have a itch, change possition or there were other ones (i forget, stoner trait :/) and if your body doesnt respond to this ie you dont itch or change possition you will then enter sleep paralasis shortly after. Some people can hallocinate in SP as you will be dreaming when you open your eyes (the start of lucid dreaming when you start building your dream.
    I Thought this video might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GGzc3x9WJU

Don't you think this has something to do with spirituality? You make a lot of sense but I think the frontier of psychology is dying slowly.

19. Yea same stuff with me...I feel like I'm awake but can't move or talk...it feels like I can look around my room..but its weird couse I see weird as semons and shit..then as every second goes by it gets harder to breath like I'm being suffocated..the. I try my hardest to just even move a finger and that usually does the trick to waking me up...but once I'm awake I have to stay awake for a couple minutes because if I go right back to bed I have them back to back several times a night. Its some freaky shit..still scares me to this day when I have them..they say its nothing dangerous. .so just have trippin the hell out! Lmao

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Demons* not Semons! Haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app