I Just Dont Know....

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Deleted member 638051, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Everything I can find on the subject with pictures that look like this alludes to Magnesium def. and epsom salt for a fast acting remedy. Recommended 1-2 tsp per gallon @ watering. I've been adding a small handful of epsom salt to a gallon of water every watering, but it won't snap out of it. Yet, the one right next to it isn't showing this problem at all. Appears to be growing ok otherwise.

IMG_0010.jpg   IMG_0011.jpg

Soil is Kellogs Patio Plus, Kellogs Amend, EWC, Perlite, mixed with about 40% used same soil from last grow, in 7.5 gallon container. I'm bubbling tea with EWC, bat guano, blood meal, kelp extract, coffee grounds, and tap water for every watering.

What else could it be? What else should I do? What questions should I answer?

2. Yellow leaves with green veins in those leaves is (Mg) def. time to add more Epsom Salts or Calmag, even better do it via foilar and spray it on, for a quicker even immediate response, add 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts, or calmag to a pint hand sprayer fill with warm water shake and spray 2x times per day 

3. Thanks. I started spraying yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes in a week or so.

4. #4 Vee, Jun 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
    Flush the roots too, and will take 4-7 days to show

5. A handful is a lot more than 1-2 tsp, you could be making it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Flush? Are you saying an overdose of mag could be the cause as well?

7. Been spraying with Epsom salt in the morning and evening. Also added to watering.  Starting to see some green, especially in the new growth. 
    Thanks for the help.