Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I heard voices in my head

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stickygreen101, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Yesterday I was chilln with my brother smoking some weed. We watched a couple of movies and hit up the bong. Then we decided to go get the munchies. So I drove him to where he wanted to eat he got food from a market. I didnt want that so I stayed in the car. I was in the car high af and the engine was off, no music or anything like that was on and then suddenly I start hearing voices in my head but I couldn't tell what they were trying to tell me it was more like just a whole bunch of ppl talking at once. While I was hearing it I get out of the car to get some fresh air then got back in and they went away. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this? Should I be worried?

2. Family history of mental illness?

3. One of mmy family members has bipolar disorder, and all of my close family except I has suffered from depression but other that there is none

4. Hmmm bad weed ? No wait if I wasn't laced there's no such thing .... Hmmmmmm.... Really good weed ?

5. One of mmy family members has bipolar disorder, and all of my close family except I has suffered from depression but other that there is none

6. Mental illness has a strong genetic link and those with a predisposition to mental illness are more likely to experience psychosis with cannabis use. How long have you used cannabis?

7. Ive had this happen three times over the course of 6 years. Every time it was after a bong, we went somewhere right after smoking and prior to it I did have some very light problems stressing me out. After bongs you need to chill out, get some fresh air and give yourself a bit man. Especially if you have mental illness/depression if your background.

Another factor to consider is hydration. I've heard that being dehydrated before/while smoking can cause these problems.

8. I have smoked pot for about 2 years with about a 4 month break from daily use. And I. Smoked a. Joint this morning when I woke up and it didnt happen agaain could I have been trippin out or could it possibly be a mental illness?

9. Listen to the voices, and then report back what they say. I'm curious.

But really, if it was just a rondom-odd thing then let it go. Get some fresh air, stay hydrated, you know all the good stuff. I'm sorry if i didn't see it, but has this happend a number of times? Hearing voices?

10. Nope it only has happened. Onnce but I'm fairly young I just turned 18 in February

11. Honestly, a lot of things like this happen because you are just so stoned you no longer notice the details around you. It's possible you actually did leave the radio on, zoned out, and when you came to you thought you were hearing voices.

I thought I heard voices one time too, but it was just my brother and his friend in his room cracking the fuck up and talking. I hear a lot of things when I'm stoned (like my baby crying even when she is sound asleep).

12. Dont freak out but it was most likely a form of psychosis. Its not a huge deal but you need to take it easy if you dont want it to happen again. A joint is different than a bong, it could be that your brain was overloaded.

I dont smoke with anyone I dont trust so when these episodes hit I tell the person im with asap. Generally I sip a beverage while they talk to me or if its hard to hear them they use physical contact to communicate. Shoulder touches or tapping, whatever. The touch part is helpful when the voices are loud.

Its not a bad idea to write what the voices said down to do to learn more about yourself but that depends on what they are saying. My 'voices' were snide and jerky comments on everything I did. Complete bullshit like "Ew gross, you arent going to wash your face?". Or angry shouting in the distance that spooks me.

13. This could be true I mean I was in public. And there were other people. Around but it was different like I actualy heard talkin but I couldn't distinguish what they were saying ha

14. Sometimes when i'm REALLY high, if there is a fan blowing or something, ill mistake the vibration for voices, and my mind will try to make sense of what it is saying... that might be it?

15. Yeah I think your prolly right if it happens again I'll report back to this!

16. I hear voices a lot, but I never thought I was crazy or anything.

17. Yea, sometimes when I am really really high I hear noises (actual noises) and interpret it wrong (think its one thing when it is something else). But hearing voices in my head, or hearing things that are solely in my mind, never. I suggest you stop smoking cannabis for a while, and go talk to a shrink.

18. Sounds like you were just really high Ive learned from my psychology professor that when people hallucinate voices talking it isnt in there head they are positive its real and coming from something external.

19. Only things I've ever heard was my name being said. It's only happened about once or twice but it always seems to just maybe be a different noise I mistake for it.

20. Might be a good idea to abstain for a minute.