I have the absence of a grow blues ;(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RichardDean, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Hey guys and gals I just wanted to share with everybody the fact that I am having withdrawals from growing and I need help. :( I can't grow now as I have a son and live in a NAZI like state that looks upon my benign and peaceful hobby as a crime and I don't want to have to endanger my son losing his father just because the laws are unjust. I am planning to move to Cali where much of my wife's family and mine already live and where I have always wanted to be. I got about a year till that even is a possibility of happening so I am just bumming out that I can't take care of a garden and wanted to hear if others have the same blues that I do. ;( I think I will go smoke a bowl and try to pick myself up a bit and revel in the fact I will be doing it again soon. Just hate the down time that is all. Anyone feel my pain?

2. If it's any help at least your not doing it for the right reasons, you know? Looking after family is important. There is always time for that garden. Especially if you have the option of going out to California in a while you know you'll have a chance to get legit and not have to worry about the police and such.

Tough situation, though. Making the right choice, but that'd be a tough one to be in. Just keep planning for that future garden, when you finally get to a place where you can do so you'll already have lots of ideas mapped out in your head. Start figuring out strains, thinking about grow setups, whatever it is to help build you up towards that next outing. With a while to study you could make that next grow even better than anything you've done yet just with the extra knowledge you can get reading and such.

Hell, have a legit indoor garden. Tomatoes, lettuce, whatever. Throw something legal under some lights if you've got em and you can at least keep the practice and spirit of gardening alive. I mean, of course it's always extra effort to have a indoor garden and any indoor garden opens one to a certain level of paranoia, but if it's just fruits and veggies maybe not a bad idea. Or practice making bonsai plants so that when you can grow the herb again you'll be well experienced at growing small compact mums.

... just some thoughts on things that might keep the mind occupied while you have to wait.

3. I agree with him ^^^. Just grow some other things. its surprisingly satisfying to make a salad with veggies you've cultivated.

4. I feel for you dude, 5 years I had to wait... don't worry it gets better and the cool thing. When you finally setup again it's a WONDERFUL feeling :) Trust me!

5. Agreed. I had to wait 3 yrs and now Im flowering one plant that just happened to be a female ( I found some old Nirvana seeds)...when she is done so am I until I get to a place where the laws arent so archaic. Not worth the risk just yet.

6. #6 aj69420g, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2009

I believe those are known as 'common-wealth' states. But you described it better haha. I Lived in NJ where if you have a gram, stem or seed your doing 48 hours for possession. One buddy of mine even got busted for a small torn piece of joint paper w/ resin on it.

7. I live in a commonwealth state and I believe if you have under 12 plants they consider it a misdemeanor and for personal use.... I think it is ridiculous that a person cant grow a couple plants for personal use, it takes away from the Marijuana drug war that is going on in Mendocino, CA and parts of Kentucky....I mean, come on, get caught BUYING marijuana on the streets, or grow a plant or two....I would assume the trading money for drugs would carry a stiffer penalty....no??

8. Um I know for a fact that if you do not have a medical marijuana card, and are caught with any marijuana plants Thats considered manufacturing a narcotic on US federal land, Felony Charge AKA Marijuana Manufacturing a federal offense. Trust me I'm from Jersey, the war is not over marijuana. It's over the big money, diesel,blow,E tabs and oxys. Not pot, The smart people who know how to not raise suspicion just grow their shit and shut up about it. The laws are gonna be what's in the best interest of whoever has money.

All I know is I had been caught with a 800$ setup and 20 plants. They were going to charge me with Felony Marijuana Manufacturing (I had a good lawyer, found loophole and got it dismissed.)

But my point is Distribution charges for pot are no where near as bad as felony marijuana manufacturing. it's a 5 year charge maximum, I've seen friends go away for 24-28 months.

I dont know this is what I've experienced thought I'd add to this post

9. Ok, I understand that...20 plants are not for personal use... I live in PA, no pot cards here...lol.... I am talking 1 or 2 plants for ME ...

I do have an aquaintance that went to jail for over a year, however, he had a major set-up in his basement, and grew fantastic pot..like 30 plants at a time, and always setting up for the next grow....so, I hear what you are saying .... but, a couple plants? I dont think that would give someone felony charges....

p.s.... thank god for the good lawyer!!! ;)

10. thanks for the suggestions and definitely keeping my head up and continuing my research till the time comes.