Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have some legal questions and i would really appreciate an answer (Canadian Laws)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nima87, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Recently my friends mom gave his cellphone to the police to be looked at. 1 month ago he sent me a text asking for 2 os and i met him and sent him that to make it brief haha. What im wondering is if the police can get a search warrant to search my house based on this evidence? And if they do can they arrest me for traficcing if i have under an ounce? Keep in mind these are Canadian laws.

2. First of all: They aren't going to look in the phone, as it would be a breach of his privacy because of the fact his mother gave it to them. (assuming he's over 16). They would more than likely accept the phone, and then go laugh at the mother behind closed doors.

If he's under 16 and she gave them his phone, he's going to have a rough time getting into a college or a job later... feel bad for the dude, what a stupid parent!

Secondly, he should have deleted the texts. If he did not, that is still not enough to get you into any trouble, especially since there's no charge for someone who used to have weed. They could come and ask to search, but they wouldn't get a warrant.

3. Free Marc Emery

4. But his mom bought him the phone wouldent it be hers techincally? and a week has gone and the police have called the home to talk to her again. And he says he deleted the texts but the police can still access them. but he is 17 thankfully.

5. Why did his Mom give his cellphone to the police?

Are they looking for something?

6. why would he have a hard time getting a job or getting into college? slate gets wiped clean at 18.

7. his mom called the po on him im not 100% why but im pretty sure its because she thinks his a dealer or because he goes home with red eyes lol.

8. the record is still there but the police cant look at it they can just see he did something.

9. What mom is stupid enough to get the cops involved. Can she really not control her own child. Seems like she needs to not instantly give up the phone to the cops.

I think we are missing a lot of key information.

10. Her mom is fucked she is abusive and wont let him do a lot of things like play video games. obviously his not gonna sit and do nothing so she gets more mad at him and the cycle continues. Bad parents do stupid things.

11. If the phone is registered to her son, it is his private information. A police officer cannot find a random civilians phone, check all his messages, and then start a criminal investigation based on the fact he said "wanna go smoke" to a buddy over a month ago.

It just doesn't work like that.

Also, the police can't access deleted texts without a warrant. The only way to do this would be for them to hire a whitehat from the FBI or a similar agency, or get a warrant and contact the phone company to see the records. They are not going to do this unless your friend is involved in a drug cartel or something serious.

Also I would tell your friend to move out. With a parent such as that, they should understand that being in their home is not healthy.

12. Did you text back a confirmation that you would supply ?
    Better yet did you text bac n forth after the deal about how good it was?

You could always stand the ground that it fell through for some reason and the transaction never took place. It's not illegal to ask for weed. It's only illegal to posses and sell it. Couple of texts doesn't proove the exchange happened

They would have to suppoena the cell phone company for the records which is soo not worth it for a 17year old. Unless he was suspected of murder or he really was a drug kingpin I wouldn't worry to much.

13. Thanks a lot for the information. Glad to know i can't get arrested for shit like this. My friend just wants to finish grade 12 and its much better for him to be there instead of a shelter.

14. ye i told him to reach like near my house but your right nothing was ever confirmed other than in person. Thanks for the information man.

15. The cops don't give 2 shits about your 2 oz's.