I have social anxiety

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by meowtoyou, Jul 11, 2011.

1. I need help

2. Get out and practice your social skills:smoke:.

3. Were in the same boat man

4. Skills are fine.. just feel like ppl are always talkin bout me n shit its annoying

5. its called paranoia. i got it too a tad bit (pot does bring it out in some of us.)

just realize that your overthinking shit, your paranoid, and nothing wrong with you.

then, realize even if they WERE talkin shit, who cares? They're fuckheads for shit talkin anyway. It shows low self worth.

Also something that helps, get drunk with a group of ppl....alot.

Keep doing it, just drink and be uninhibited and happy around those people, and hangout with em sober too. After a while, your drunk "coolness" will slip over into yoru sober state. It happened in my senior year. It jsut....chilled me the fuck out.

6. fuck 'em, they don't know you broseph :poke:

7. #7 Hydroriffic, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
    op just get comfortable with yourself and accept you, for who you are. If people dont like you, fuck em. Dont try to satisfy people, just be yourself.

May i suggest
    [​IMG]

Puts life in prospective right quick.

Sadly thats the truth people will talk shit all day, everyday, but its often because of their own insecurity's.

8. I got drunk as fuck last night, the kid's mom found out we were all drunk and I took a 30mg unmentionable... so now she's gonna tell my dad and I'll most likely be going to rehab...

9. i used to/still kind of do.

what cured me?

i joined a party promo team. called Nerdtron. then i was basically able to come out of my shell on my own but with my friends support.

so get some good pals, go out every couple nights, and learn to not worry. slowly distance yourself from them at the places you go over a time span.

and then go out alone sometime.

how i did it.

10. wow, yea people just dont understand you, maybe you need to open up to them why you do the stuff you do. If they dont like it fuck em and do your own thing, IE get on your own and experience life how you wanna not how somebody else does. I personally wouldnt suggest relying on friends for support on this, its something u gotta do on your own to build confidence.

11. op do u have any hobbys that express who you are, ie art, music, anything?
    Maybe take up something that you can express yourself with and be proud of it, show it to the world. You will get critism along the way but just be proud of what you created and just understand that they dont understand you.

12. I totally feel you. I used to have really bad social anxiety in middle and early high school. I felt the same feeling that people were always looking at me and talking about me, and I'd get that damned armpit sweat going and then that would cause me to worry more because I'd be worried more about people seeing my pit sweat and it wasn't good. I also had shitty social skills, but then I got better at that and that helped.

You say that your parents might be sending you to rehab which implies to me that you're young so there's some hope that you may just be able to grow out of it, which is kinda what happened to me. I think it was an aspect of my natural mental/physical maturing as well as my mental growth as a person and development of myself.

For me, getting over it was really just a part of coming to terms with and embracing who I am as a person. As you become comfortable and content with yourself, the opinions of others matter less and less. I accepted social anxiety as part of who I was also, and once I did that and stopped worrying about it, I stopped worrying about it and what do you know it became much less of a worry. I still get the same "you're being judged" feeling, but not as often, and it doesn't bother me anymore. I didn't really do anything specific to get over mine, so I don't know how much of a help this'll be, but I definitely feel your pain. It'll go away in time as you come to realize yourself.

13. I'm gonna be forced to go or I'll be kicked out I think..

14. #14 Speedymotor, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Damn man i hope you dont have to. I have some social anxiety too im pretty sure