I have plants ranging from 9 - 12 inches tall when is it time for me to top my plants ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ChuiSoto, Nov 23, 2016.

1. I'm in about week 3 of veg and have plants ranging from 9 - 12 inches tall is it time for me to top or wait longer and if longer when is it the right time ?

2. I can't say but I would advise you to put some pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. That is my smallest and biggest

Attached Files:

4. Those are clones right? staggered nodes suggests that. You have a couple options. If you're looking to clone these, let them go a couple more nodes and then take the top 3-5 for new clones. If you don't want more you can top now. Or you could just LST them and not top at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Where would he cut it ?
    Just wondering

• Like Like x 1
  6. depends. If he just wants to top it, you take the newest growth tip and just bend it over with your finger..it'll pop right off. If he wants to clone, I take top 3-5 nodes. cut ends of big fan leaves off remove bottom 1 or 2 nodes (you just grab fan and shoot and pull down). cut end of stem at 45, and put into whatever medium your cloning with.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah I just want to top it I'm going feminized seeds next time so I won't need the clones for the next grow. Thanks !

8. Why would you want to top your plant? Look up LST or SCROG for current methods of improving yield in less time. Topping is a very outdated method that only adds to the cycle time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Why not top then scrog ?

10. No need to top if you scrog:
    upload_2016-11-23_10-51-11.png

11. Wouldn't you have more stems to scrog if you top the plants though?

12. No, bending the tops stimulates the growth of the under branches.