I HAVE NO SOCIAL MEDIA (HELP)

Discussion in 'General' started by pablosmokes, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Yes, I also have no social media accounts and help, but then I use GBWhatsApp from apkvow.com.

2. yup. But I have just a few like these. Nothing big like the typical social media apps.

3. The last thing I posted on facebook was some pictures from my Wife and I's anniversary party back in 2010.

There is a group email I use among my few good irl friends and family that we use to schedule events and such (like going skiing, river runs, health issues etc).

While I understand the importance of social media, especially to my younger employees in their 20s and my own children even younger than that, it does not appeal too me except in the cases where it can connect me to some expert opinion or other knowledge that I want to learn (or sometimes just funny memes).

About 3 years ago my wife also gave up most social media (she maintains a nominal presence to let other family members and close friends know what we are up to) and we both feel measurably happier in our lives by not always having "what the Jones's are up to" shoved through my phone into my face every time they go on vacation, or their kid wins a baseball game etc.

Also, all the horrible shit in general about most large social media companies makes me not wish to use them whenever possible, but I could go on for pages about how much I hate that so I'll just keep it general.

Good to know there are more like me out there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. This is the norm. I don't use them either.

5. So if I count up my likes from platforms before retiring to sleep every night it isn't necessarily a good thing?

6. #47 YounderBoy, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2023
    It is extremely important to have social media these days because +- 75% of the population uses it. So get social media as early as possible.

As it takes more and more time to develop social media, it is also extremely difficult. And time is more expensive than money, so I advise you to make the best possible quality content and, if you don't see a lot of popularity, promote yourself a little bit on sites Deleted link - ICGreen. After that, social networks will notice you much more often.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fuck all that.

8. Honestly a lot of people are moving away from social media. Granted if you're generation Z its basically you're lifeline but millennials and up can easily remove social media from life. Eventually society will realize it's not conducive to mental health. Social media is here to stay but it'll be handled differently in the future hopefully.

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I left them all to come back here.

We will be the one to rule them all, and one day I will sit atop that throne lookin' down on all the ants below me workin' away to build our Grasscity Empire into the clouds where we rightfully belong.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I used to spend literally 9-10 hours a day online and realized what a waste of time it was. Now it's 1-2 hours at most talking to my sons scattered around the world and my one daughter. I do some shopping and spend some time here. Now that we know the Chinese run tik tok and take your info for their own use, FB using all your photos and information for whatever they do, and all those other sites. The last time I was on vacation visiting my son in Curacao, a 'influencer' and her bf told me to move off the beach because they wanted to take photos in the area I was sitting. I told them to go fuck themselves and kept my rear end right where it was. I have no clue why people think they're important because they have a website.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. I used to spend a ho-lotta time on Yahooka, but they've been down for lo these many years, , , ,

Any former Yahookans here?

12. After high school I fell off the face of social media, it gets exhausting seeing people put themselves on "moral" pedestals such as Facebook, btw try to meet better people because they all sound simple minded to actually believe that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Why do u care what they care about? Just lie and tell them you do. Or just make a profile page and at least u have something to send them to. I bet ur life is more fulfilling without using s.m. All the time.

I got banned from Facebook again and I don’t even care. I am starting to get into the habit of not even using it when I am not banned

For the most part, I use social
    Media to make money. What do u use it for?

15. A social media panel might include functions including the ability to plan and publish posts, interact with followers and answer comments, monitor social media mentions of their brand or company, and analyse social media metrics and analytics.

16. The above post about SMM has been reported as Spam.. Only this post, not the thread or any other posts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I have zero interest in social media, other than GC, of course. Maybe it's because I'm older, or tend to be an introvert by nature, I don't know. If you like it, I'm happy for you, but it just ain't my cup of tea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thank you...