I HAVE NO SOCIAL MEDIA (HELP)

Discussion in 'General' started by pablosmokes, Jul 1, 2020.

1. I just need an opinion...do you guys think its weird to not have social media at all? New people I met in real life judged me because of this and thought I was like this 3rd world guy who doesnt get social media, but I do of course...its just I find it toxic sometimes I guess? I mean I have this account on Grasscity Forum and an old Snapchat account where I have only 5 friends, Whatsapp and thats probably it. I used to have Instagram, Facebook, etc but my crazy toxic ex GF hacked me and it was just a mess and I have no REAL social media, per say, for about 1 year and a half now and it feels great! Im not very active I just like to enjoy life! Sometimes I have this feeling of sharing the happiness of the moment with someone but then it just goes away.

Any thoughts? Do you guys take a break from social media from time to time? Or dont use it at all?

ps: I had 2 joints rn

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I think you’re smart for it..forums such as GC are beneficial, we all have a common interest here. FB, IG, SN, etc. are all okay if used wisely, but for the most part it’s abused and harmful to some. I have kids, teenagers, preteens, etc and I’ve seen bullying at its finest. Not to mention it curbs their appetite for one on one face to face interaction with peers. As far as adults, omg if I see one more ‘look at me I’m in the hospital ‘ post I’m gonna be sick. That is mental masturbation at its finest. For me FB and all those other platforms do nothing for me because I cannot be myself and share the things I love. Here ..oh boy I can! My plants! My kids-yes I love them more but I don’t even feel safe sharing my daily life on fb /sn/ etc because there are too many predators amongst us.
    So roll your third doobie and puff away because you’re allowed to share that shit here lol. I’m right there with ya!
    Have a great day!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Im so glad there is still people out there like you and me that think like this, it helps me feel Im not lonely. Thanks for sharing a moment with me! Have a great day too! :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah, just about everyone uses social media for the wrong reasons. Don’t get me wrong, I have a fb account, but mostly because I haven’t deleted it. I just don’t use it much at all, if any. I find it very disturbing that if someone, anyone, knows your name and you use your real name on the account they can actually call you. Or just find you in general. I’m from an age where you had to look someone up in the dang white pages lol. When I got my divorce I had several people saying ‘well I didn’t know you went through all that! I didn’t see it on fb!’ Hah! I’m not airing my dirty laundry like every one else does. It’s sickening. A couple years ago I had the opportunity to take selfies in a field of beautiful plants ..now I did post that simply for a social experiment. It was my sons hemp crop . I wanted to see how long it would take before my folks called crying. It backfired. My. I’m called to ask that I bring her home one of those beautiful Christmas trees. I told her it was cannabis. She said ‘ cannahuh?’
    Bless her heart, now she’s suffering from dementia and comes to my house to puff on Christmas tree ‘but don’t tell your father!’

• Like Like x 3
  5. With the big brother commie horse shit flying around its pretty wise not to be on social media as i type this on social media

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. you worry too much and are starting to remind me of a guy here named jeffersong
    I don't really count this place as having a social media account and I'm thankful I haven't had one since the days of myspace; it's all so cancerous
    "Oh did you see what so & so and such & such said on facebook? blah blah blah imma' tell xyz about that."
    Don't get me started on how awful twitter is, either, it's like a retarded AI that constantly bleats out the most inane stupid things and then you realize "No, that's a person, not a chatbot that some kid programmed."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Truth !

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ive got accounts on couple of cannabis forums but ive not used them for ages ,plus a FB one as well which i used to speak to some few years ago but never use it now ,i dont like FB its a creepy place ...so here i reside at Grass City ,,,some pretty good people on here and Trolls soon get the push from here ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 5
  9. I fell out of the whole social media thing in 2014. All id see was food pics, some self depreciating post for sympathy "wow some people just dont understand me" type posts directed at sombody but who? I just never got into it. I still have it but only use messenger, im not interested in everything else.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I'm envious. I don't like social media, but for a couple of reasons need to use Facebook. I would rather not use it at all, except for Grasscity, which I like. Good for you, mate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I’ve never had social media and I’m living wonderful without it

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. We’re definitely in the minority, but you’re certainly not alone. I had a MySpace account back in the day, and I hopped on the Twitter train when that first got going, but I don’t use any form of social media anymore. I keep up with old friends through email.

My wife uses Facebook minimally, so she keeps me in the loop... and in line.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. This is my social media, you mean there's more?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. This is and has been my only "social media".
    I can understand the potential benefits of FB, but really don't want to play those games.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. I don’t think it’s that weird. I really don’t think any of my close friends have it or if they do they aren’t active on it, like they don’t post stuff. I use Twitter a lot, but I don’t follow any fiends on it. It’s really nice for following sports writers and other journalists so all the articles I read are in one place.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Same here delete your social media and watch your life improve exponentially. My wife recently deleted FB and said it was the best decision she’s ever made.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Agreed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I’ve never had a Facebook instagram or Twitter I just mind my own business because I truly believe all those websites are evil

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Well I deleted Facebook and Instagram. I kept twitter, mainly for the only fans content lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. I have face book. I like it bc I like to see the pictures people post. Most of my fb is a bunch of ads for wigs and stuff to put on my hair to keep it from falling out.

I have most of my friends restricted bc I don't want to read their crap.

• Funny Funny x 2