I have no idea which MMORPG to play, tips appreciated!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Labido, Apr 2, 2012.

1. So I have recently been staying one year in a country with lousy internet, prohibiting me from playing MMORPGs. I'm returning home in about 8 weeks, and cannot wait to finally be able to play an MMORPG again. The only problem is that I have no idea which game to play.

At the moment I'm stuck between Diablo 3, WoW, Guild Wars 2 and SW:tor.

I have always been a fan of the Diablo series, loved and played D2:LoD for several years until WoW was introduced. Since then I have always returned to WoW after gaming breaks and I have played end game content on pretty much all of the expansions including vanilla. I would love to see Diablo 3 challenge WoW on a high scale, but judging on videos I have seen so far I really don't see that happening. At least not the first two years of the release.

I have also tried different MMOs such as Aion and AoC but ended up quitting them both after 1 month top, because I simply got bored.

SW:tor could potential be a candidate, but probably not as it looks now. I think the game still need a lot of time to improve on the bugs (tbh I think the release looks much worse than the early stages of WoW vanilla). Any experiences on this?

GW2 is more of a wild card, could be interesting.

Thanks a lot if you took the time reading! Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

2. Seriously! Diablo 3, hands down playing a game on its release is awesome. I will slap you if you play wow over it, at least give it a shot!

3. star trek online is free to play now i'd give that a shot

4. Just wait for D3. You won't regret it. SW:ToR doesn't have that epic end game feel like WoW did. You'll regret paying that sub.

Or play The Secret World when it releases, looks very cool...but it's developed by funcom and we know how much trash AoC was

5. I've spent god only knows how much time playing WoW. I got a scroll of resurrection, so I'm probably about to start again... FUCK. That is not what I need. But hopefully I'll play for a week, realize it's stupid, and quit again. I would recommend not playing any MMO at all. There are better games that take less of your soul to play. Believe me. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

///M

6. Definitely hit up D3. WoW and D3 are different games and D3 is going to be geared towards more of the mature gamers. I played wow for 4 years when I was a teen and after seeing the amount of children playing that game it's only going to get worse with the release of pandacraft. If you want to play games with little boys and pandas while embarrassing yourself with the sole fact of playing wow, that's your choice.
    Diablo 3 is for the men and women who are kewl. Hahhhhh

7. diablo 3 isnt an mmo. still going to be fucking excellent but if you want an mmo d3 isnt the choice to pick.

i just got back into wow after about a year break, lots has changed and the pvp is really slowed down due to the new expansion coming out relatively soon.

8. I recommend trying out Rift. I played WoW from 07-11 and then started playing Rift once it was released. Didn't follow it or read into it until I was invited to closed beta and then I was hooked. Haven't unsubbed since. What I like about Rift is the ability to go out into the world and be able to do raiding content on Raiding Rifts. Rifts are like Public quest in warhammer, yet they're not in one permanent location, they're locations are dynamic. The instanced raids in Rift are pretty well designed too. Another 20 man raid is about to be released in the next week or so. The pvp is smooth but is mainly battlegrounds and a few pvp rifts. Free trial is up to level 20.

9. Honestly I would just wait for Guild Wars 2. I have looked into it a lot and am pretty sure it looks awesome... :hello:

The hardest part for me is to decide which profession (class) to go.

You already know Diablo 3 is going to be awesome as long as Blizzard doesn't fuck it up.

I find it best to game with a good combination though.

Minecraft, Diablo 3, BF3, Guild Wars 2, DOTA 2 by Valve... Gonna have to limit myself to 2 hours gaming a day rofl :(

10. Honestly if you want to play a mmorpg that's not WoW just wait for guild wars 2. Personally I'm finished with that genre, wasted to much of my life on WoW years ago.

Most mmorpgs out there are some f2p model of an initially failed attempt of the subscription game. Ive messed around with a bunch of them a while back, they're all fun at first but never as deeply immersive as WoW which comparatively made them seem bland.

Every now and then I'll hop on to GW since it just sits in steam but Dota 2 has been my go to game for the past few months. Shit never gets old hahaha

11. Runescape hail zezima

12. from what I've heard wow is going down hill and losing people

I'd wait for diablo 3 or gw2

13. Guild Wars 2.

/thread

14. Tera. yup look it up

15. second eve online

16. lol zezima. thats so old school