Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have been converted :)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JesusGreen, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Hey all. Haven't posted in a while, been busy and then I was in holiday in Poland. Now, as some of you might know, I've always smoked spliffs, and in the past I smoked uh, two or three weed only joints, and that's it.

Anyway, after being convinced by a friend from Poland, I decided to re-try a weed only joint. Smoked it last night, saved the roach, and I realised the taste is far better, far less harsh, and the high is much more enjoyable. (I have the same 24-hour happy hangover that Ketamine gives me the next day)

After doing a bit more research I realised that smoking weed on its own is a LOT healthier than even most of the people who would never mix their weed with tobacco would think. I didn't know about the radioactive compounds in tobacco that lead to most smoking related lung-cancer cases - and interestingly enough, these compounds aren't present in weed.

Not going to stop smoking spliffs, but I think most of the time, when my weed isn't too sticky, it'll be going in straight pure weed joints now :)

Ironically enough I believe a weed/tobacco mix is better when you're using a bong, since the nicotine rush is intense and often sends you straight to the floor :p

Anyway, looong post, but I gotta dash, gonna eat then go for a joint.

Happy toking ;)

2. Nice, man.

I can never smoke weed only joints because I'm toasty after 3-4 hits.

3. I also went from always skipping dinner to turning veggie and actually eating extra meals each day. I think this is a start of a much healthier lifestyle :)

4. being veggie actually is not healthy at all. You need the poteins and other thing found in red meat. Which is also why we naturallly have canines in our mouth for ripping apart flesh. Your either gonna be feeling shitty all the time or your gonna have to resort to pills for nutrition

5. I think that most of them can actually be found in other things besides red meat but some you will need to take pills and stuff like that. To the op congrats on being a vegetarian, it's not something I could do but I can respect anyone who does that.

I have also never smoked a joint with tobacco in it only weed only so i dont know any difference between the two. But you do get a head rush when smoking a mix out of a bong.

6. I congratulate you on your effort to lead a healthier life, but if you just throw in some type of meat once a day, you'll be soooo much better off. It is true, there are proteins and things you need to get from meat and can't do it by eating peanuts either. :p

And honestly, if you're trying to be healthier do you really wanna risk taking a pill? Even if it is only a vitamin, who knows what they actually put in there. ;)

7. Instead of going completely veggie, you may consider the south beach diet. It did wonders for me and i continue the diet today. It's based on the idea that you cut out carbs for two weeks and emphasizes eating healthy meats, fish, lots of veggies and then after two weeks you add back whole grains and complex carbs found in whole grains. Its an awesome diet man, you feel so good from all the veggies and your so much more hydrated! Plus its a safe diet and there is a lot less danger of weird complexes that occur from not getting enough of specific vitamins. Trying to diagnose some of these complexes can be very hard as they often present as something else and can lead to your death. This is a very possible risk for veggies as they often do not supplement their all ready dangerously unbalanced diet with nutrients only gained through meats and dairy. Look out for your vitamin k levels veggies!

8. #8 M1chael, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009

how do you know this?

have you tried not eating meat?

maybe we can exchange examples and studies to show each of our points...

also,
    vegans/vegetarians don't have to always take supplements to stay healthy.

humans evolved to be able to digest meat from eating it in the winter months when other food was scarce.
    however, although we are able to digest it, many don't believe it's optimal to consume
    it everyday as our digestive tracts are not as long and acidic as other carnivorous animals so the meat/dairy tends to go rancid/rot in our stomachs causing many health problems.

and you say vitamins are not natural(i don't consume them myself, but for the sake of argument)
    well, how is consuming the dairy of another animal in any way natural?

im tired of people trying to force changes upon other's behaviors that they really know nothing about.

i don't try to convince other's to accept my way of eating,
    and i don't expect you to do the same.

you can stick to your standard american diets,
    and ill stick my "weird", "feminine", diet that supposedly makes me weak and sick.

here's mac danzig, a vegan mma fighter.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z_5J6uM3Rs"]YouTube - Mac Danzig Highlights[/ame]

Mac Danzig winning The Ultimate Fighter
    http://www.mmalinker.com/fighter/Mac-Danzig/MR/1/0/21/4865/i/Mac_Danzig_vs_Tommy_Speer.html

and luke cummo, a "lifefoodist" (eats all raw foods, no starches)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHANNju-j_I"]YouTube - Luke Cummo Highlight[/ame]

9. Im not bashing veggies, im saying that its hard for lots of people to have healthy diets without adding restrictions such as vegetarianism and other restrictions. I pointed out a diet that works for me, just a suggestion. I also just wanted to point out that with vegetarians, several suffer from mal-nutrition because they are unaware of something missing from their diet because its so easy to do. Taking a daily multi-vitamin is just a nice way of covering all your bases.

10. Joints always do the trick for me just right.
    J's ftw :)

11. As a disclaimer I do not promote the smoking of tobacco products and yes they are extremely unhealthy

That being said, most of the radioactive compound which anti tobacco activists advertise as being in tobacco products are those which exist naturally in soil and are contained in equal amounts in any plant that has been grown in soil. Unless you do your own soilless grows then your marijuana has radioactive compounds in it just like broccoli, lettuce, or tobacco.

12. Dude, don't bother coming back with some rude things to say.

I'm not jacking this kids thread. I'm not raining on his parade.

And sorry OP, if i offended you. :D

13. fair enough,
    you may have the last word on this thread.

ill pm you.

14. #14 sinsemillaplease, Aug 9, 2009
    The South Beach diet is horribly deficient in many ways... not a healthy alternative to a well-balanced diet. Cutting out carbs is unnatural to the human body. That is all. :wave:

Edit: The healthiest possible diets include meats. Period.

OP: Were you a spliff only smoker before? That's no good man... tobacco will turn you into a fiend.

15. Cutting out carbs is horrible, I tried that stupid fucking diet and damn. I always felt like shit and my breath was fucking disgusting. If you are lacking any type of nutrients your body needs, trust me... your breath will tell you. :D

16. True, but its only done for two weeks and then you add back whole grains and complex carbs. The premise of the diet IMO is to cut out shitty refined carbs. Everyone has their own way of eating, the SOuth Beach works really well for me.

As a question, what's deficient about the diet besides the carbos?

17. Nothing that I know of... carbs just cover so many of your body's needs. That's what I meant by that.

18. Not when you are trying to conserve bud. Fuck that shit.

Lately I've been blazing through 8ths at $60 a pop. When prices are that steep, I can't afford to blaze a joint.

Bongs and vapes ftw for me :)

19. Gotcha, to clear up anything i missed, i wasnt trying to say don't eat carbs, it was just that two week dealio. Haha icould never not eat carbs, i love a good sammich when I've been smoking. :)

Cheers man!

20. #20 Retaardvark, Aug 9, 2009
    Yeah, watch out for 'dem poteins.

Being vegetarian isn't ideal for our bodies, but there are supplements that help your body when you aren't "ripping apart flesh." Vegetarians can get plenty of protein through nuts, seeds, dairy(if not vegan), and soy.

Personally, I'll always eat meat. It's fucking delicious.