i have a situation and a question

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by codmod517, Mar 25, 2010.

1. so about a month and a half ago I was arrested for carrying a pot plant out of a friends dorm to put it in my room so when the cops searched his room they wouldn't find it. Dumb, I know but I got in a lot of trouble for this momentary lapse of judgment. I spent a night in jail and faced 2 felony charges but they were NC charges meaning i was 'not charged' and I still haven't been charged (case was pulled from grand jury after i hired a lawyer). I've hired a lawyer and he said if things go his way I'll have to do some sort of intervention program for a few months and won't have anything on my record, he said I'm a perfect candidate for it. I also haven't had one appearance in court, not even when I was in jail, and still don't have a court date and still haven't heard back from my lawyer.

My question to you is do you think I could still smoke AT LEAST until I've heard a little something from either my lawyer or the court??? I don't mean smoking while I'm in the intervention program, I plan to quit when that time comes, but in the meantime would it be ok?

BTW...this happened in Ohio and I'm tall, skinny, and work out at least 5 days a week, but smoke everyday, so I don't think it would take toooooo long to get out of my system.

2. It all depends on whether it's worth the risk to you. Also, the THC stays in your system longer if you're a chronic smoker. You might have a higher tolerance, but that doesn't mean the traces leave your body any faster. If it were me I'd call my lawyer to figure out what was up.

3. ^^^ I do he just keeps giving me the run around saying that he's waiting to hear back from the prosecutor and campus police. I just don't see how they could punish me even if I did test positive as long as my levels went down after that. Also, I've already taken a medical withdraw from school for my anxiety so I don't go there any more.

4. I can't tell you what to do, but it's possible that they just let it drop, it's also possible that they're really backed up (they always are). Personally, I wouldn't smoke until the lawyer figured out what was going to happen, but that's just me.

5. just make sure ur clean by ur next court date

6. do not risk it, just take a valium and wait to see how things turn out. think of your gf/momdad/future children whatever it takes.

7. good advice im quittin at least until i hear somethin thanks for the advice