Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a question about my bong...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 3mBr3y-0-, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Ok ive had this bong for a couple weeks now, and recently, the flu has been going around like crazy. a couple sick people (including me) have smoked out of my bong, and i am wondering if its like, contaminated. i know u cud get sick if u smoke the bong in the same SESSION as a sick person, but could you get sick from it even after youve washed it out and dried it? Would the germs stay on it?

2. Get somethign thats made to kill germs liek that, wash it with some of that, then wash it to get the germ killer off. Idk. Something like that.

3. Just give an Isopropyl wash or two. I'm pretty sure you'll be fine. There are few things that can survive an Isopropyl soak.

4. maybe wipe the part where you put your mouth with a clorox wipe between hits...it'll evaporate quickly and kill 99.9% of germs lol

5. clean it with isopropyl alcohol(rubbing alchol) throw a little epsom salt ih there and shake up really good. not only will this get rid of any germs because of the alcohol but it will also clean your bong nicely.

6. Quoted for truth.
    Alcohol and Salt is always incredible. Makes your pieces look very clean as well.

7. im prolly gonna go with the alcohol wash. thanks 4 the advice

8. can I clean my bubbler with hand sanitizer rather than isoprophyl?

9. Quite possible, however sanitizer has a distinct smell and tends to stick around. I wouldn't want to be smoking something that has been washed with sanitizer. Alcohol is your best bet, and washed out quickly.

Plastic bag, fill it with rubbing alcohol, pore some salt in there, and shake it up. Empty, rinse, repeat if you feel necessary. 5 bucks to do so, or you can be ghetto and hit up fast food for salt, nasty salt but free salt.

10. Germs generally cant stay alive outside your body for too long, so I wouldn't be worried and with a Iso wash, there is about 0% chance of getting infected.

11. I got sea salt the best shit. Also how hard is my bubbler gonna be to clean...... How long to get swish the stuff around I bet it's gonna be a pain in the arse.

12. Well a good way to tell is if you have a bowl piece in there as well that is resinated. Once the bowl is crystal clear everything is clean. You shouldn't have to swoosh it too long. I've even done this with trash bags and two foot bongs, although it really was a waste it worked and only took about 15 minutes to do the entire process. Whatever you do make sure you hold the piece in the bag steady so not to hit other pieces. I almost always do one piece at a time, one bowl at a time even. However it is up to you. Don't dread it, and you'll be pro after one time. Also real stoners will compliment your piece almost instantly. Makes you look pro as well, haha.

Best of luck.