Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I have a little problem could use some help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pj1008, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Ok so i will try to explain the situation as best as i can (i am not the best writer haha)

Well today my dad asked me if i could help out his boss at work for a month or two doing stocking and stuff in the back until they can find someone to actually work there and they offered to pay me 12$ an hour until they find someone, well considering the fact that it is 12$ an hour i decided to go along with it because it is a lot more then my other two jobs pay currently and it would be nice to have some extra money before school starts up. Now here is the issue he said that i might need to take a drug test if they want me to drive one of the trucks they have there, for liability issues. My dad does not know i smoke and since i agreed i don't really have a way to get out of the job without making it suspicious. And i do not think i have enough time to detox.

So here is my question if i need to take the drug test and i fail can they legally tell my dad since i am over 18? Although i realize that if i do fail my dad will find out one way or another, what other explanation is there for me being fired?

Also if they ask me to take the drug test what is my best course of action in your opinion that is? Do you think i should tell the boss the situation and tell him that i will fail because there is marijuana in my system, and explain that I do not go to work high or bring drugs to work and ask them not to tell my dad? Or should i take the drug test knowing i am going to fail?

By the way i have met my dads boss and he seams to be pretty cool and i do not believe he will have a big issue with the fact that i smoke and that he only gives the drug tests for liability issues but i am not sure if i want to risk it.

Any and all replies are much appreciated. Also i apologize for the length, as i explained i am not that good at writing and this is the best i could do haha

2. No they can't tell your dad. You should never admit to anything drug related.

3. Don't tell the boss, just drink alot of green tea :)

4. #4 WEEirDo, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    On a side note, this literally, happened to me almost exactly. Luckily, I guess lol, I never had to work at the place.

Wow, nice one!

Ive heard that someone took a drug test some where their parents had friends, and when they told his parents he failed the test, he sued the company because of it.

If you have to sign something for the drug test, Id read it over and see if there is anything saying that they will/can not release the info on the drug test. If the info did get releases, Id find a lawyer, that doesnt charge if you lose, and see what you can get from the law suit. If its quite a lot, and if your lawyer allows you too, tell your parents youre suing the company, b/c chances are that they will either A) Get fired (IDK if its legal for them to do so) or B) Get shit/shitty things to do at work. So, if they can, to find a new place of work if you win.

Personally, IDK if I would have it in me to sue the company lol... Maybe a lil something something, for not going to court ;P

Im kinda of neutral when it comes to people suing, as lately people are suing over just plain, retarded things, but there are times when it should be done.

5. Lol well i am not really one to sew people but is there a place that i can call to report them so when I fail i can well i guess the best word is threaten to report them if they say anything?

6. #6 akaHeehaw, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    I don't believe they're going to tell your dad; for one it is private information so HR does have legal obligations - however it does vary state by state, but no business is willing to risk lawsuits over the confidentiality of drug tests, so it's kept pretty secretly; but two, he's obviously going to get the picture when you don't show up for work the day after the scheduled drug test. So is it possible to help your dad see why you smoke? What does he think about it. I'm going to assume that you're not ready to venture down that road; so next option...

Telling your boss. Other than detoxing, this way seem like a plausible solution to the problem. However, you never know how someone feels about "drugs" ... but hopefully, if you do decide to tell the boss man about your habit, he'll be mature enough to take what is said between you two and leave it strictly between you two and no one else. The one problem with this scenario is: what if you do pass the test - then you didn't have to confess after all. Edit: Like mentioned above, I wouldn't recommend admitting to using drugs, but it all depends on how comfortable you are with this guy and if you think he'll be okay with because you're just doing temp work. Best thing is to take the test, get the results and see what happens, contest it if you fail.

You may be able to detox. My question for you is how long do you have before the test?

7. Also how long does it take to detox with greentea? I drink alot of water (like a quart ever 2 or 3 hours) and can bump it up a little with greentea if needed. also i hear that THC sticks to fat cells so does that mean that it takes longer to detox if i am over like 100lbs?

8. #8 WEEirDo, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
    I wouldnt tell them to not say anything. Normally this kind of stuff is known to be secretive and not be released to anyone. Just threating them would make them not want to hire you anyway. The guy might not care if you test positive for MJ. He might even pay you under the counter. If he really needs help and your dad and the boss are in good terms may just over look it or something and tell you in a legal way, that he doesnt want you to be high at work.

IDK, if the boss can tell you not to do w/e you failed on the test, so it may be something like "Okay, well, Ill hire if as long as you stay alert" or something to hint at the failure of the test.

Also, I doubt youll be able to detox it out of your system before the interview, most people do it before they go looking for work. But buying a detox that makes your pee pass a test only after you take it, which lasts only a few hours, would be the best way to go. But IDK what detox or how much it costs.

9. Fuck Green Tea :p

Anyways, SEARCH is your FRIEND:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/36557-offical-how-pass-dt.html

10. just do as much as you can..drink alot water,exersice if you have the extra money buy a detox kit from gnc and take the test if you fail ask your boss if there is anything else besides driving and if your hired you will not smoke on the job and not to tell your dad or just ask him to come up with an other exuse for not hiring you

11. If i need to take the test (I am not sure if i do, i will most likely only need to take it if they want me to drive one of the big trucks they have there and my dad request that i not because i will not be insured or something like that but they still might want me to take it, i would say like a 30% chance) it will be like a week or 2.

And i am not really stressing over this because i believe that when my dad sits down and listens to why/how i smoke he will not like be so mad he will kick me out or anything because i believe i smoke "maturely" meaning purposely waited until i was 18 to smoke i do only smoke after work to kinda cool down and de-stress because i do work like 40 hours a week already plus school. whatever i am rambling, back to the point. So i am not really worried about him finding out i am more worried about the fact that he will not trust me anymore and keep an eye on me and stop me from smoking anymore idk i just figured i would ask on here so i can at-least be prepared for what i am getting into.

12. I don't even do detox kits. Water, Healthy Low-Fat Dieting, and Exercise is all your really need; but for quicker results: a little Niacin to boost the metabolism and Vitamin B to put some color back into that watered-down urine.

13. You generally need certifications/licenses/training before you can operate machinery like that; like your dad said, it's all for insurance purposes - and insurers would throw their premiums thru the roof if you were to get hurt and did not have the proper qualifications to operate it.

If you have a week or two you have plenty of time to stop smoking and detox. I've passed a test in less than a week of detoxing a daily and rather frequent smoking habit. It's not that hard if you really want to pass. So with that said:

/close thread: you have time to clean yourself.

14. Find someone that doesn't smoke and have them pee in a water bottle. When you go to your DT just duck tape the bottle to your leg and pour it in the cup. WIN

15. It's not always that simple.. and a fucking water bottle? Because that's not conspicuous.. :rolleyes:

16. Healthy living for a few days is surprisingly effective.

17. A water bottle, maybe. But a small inconspicuous container is perfectly legitimate (unless your an Olympic athlete with a dude watching you piss)

18. True. i heard some test show for some of the ingredients in a detox kit to see if you took one im sure they wont have that and some detox kits dont work better off savin the money and do without it.. Gl though

19. Agreed. You can even buy the synthetic urine kits that come with their own containers that strap on. But you can't just walk up with a Dasani bottle in you pocket.. and I'm going to assume you don't have a Dasani-sized penis either.

Detox kits are designed to cut calories but at the same time they open up your kidney and urinary tracts so that you can flush all the toxins out your system. Sure they may work, but the best way is to watch your calorie intake and drink water or other diuretics (cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar). That coupled with exercising (maybe some niacin depending on how much/little time you have or how much weight you're packing) and you have the best homemade detox kit available to you; and you just saved $25+