I have a jiffy pellet question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the bear smokey, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hello everyone, happy smoking. I have 1 lowryder#2 seed left. I am using a jiffy pellet for the 1st time ever. I was wanting to know after I place the seed into the pellet. If I should place the pellet in a dark area. Should I place it under a small light. Should I place it in the window seal? any help would be great. thank you

2. I use the little plastic domes that they sell with the pellets, and leave them in there in a warm dark place until they sprout.

3. ok well someone gave me a pellet. so I am trying it. I have also had people tell me to place under a small light till they sprout. so I am just seeing whats best.

4. [quote name='"the bear smokey"']
    ok well someone gave me a pellet. so I am trying it. I have also had people tell me to place under a small light till they sprout. so I am just seeing whats best.[/quote]

Light isnt needed until it sprouts, but it may help warm it up if your area is cold. Just make sure it doesnt get too wet or too dry. You want it warm and humid and they will pop quick. Having some cover will help maintain moisture and humidity. A tupperware container would work fine, just open it once or twice a day to breath or maybe leave the top cracked a bit.

5. ok thank you.