I have a general soil concern, any advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by daniellaggner, Jan 16, 2006.

1. I transferred my seedlings which were in a peat pot into a 1 gallon, well draining plastic grow container. Now I have my little plants in the peat pot (I cut the bottoms out) which contain seedling soil, buried in the bigger pot, which have very high quality (wizard) potting soil. They have been in this situation for four days. Now they are eight days old and look beautiful and healthy, but I feel like the buried peat pot will constrict the plants' root system, create wet pockets around the plant, limit the roots' access to the new potting soil and promote uneven drainage. I can feel the peat pot under the soil when I check the moisture content of the soil. Can I carefully remove it to promote healthy root growth? Or will I damage little roots that are potentially penetrating the peat pot? I am afraid of root rot within the peat pot when I am watering. Can anybody give me any advice? Or am I just paranoid...
    Thanks,
    Daniel

2. ur just paranoid.