I have a dream.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by detailed one, Aug 27, 2010.

1. #1 detailed one, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
    So I had this idea...Call me whatever you would like but...I wanna take my peDal bike..and ride the longest distance possible...Like say eh Most of the West Coast area...

I'd bring the following Item's.
    -HELMET, Lights, Mirriors for my bike..
    -Money
    -Tent
    -Weed
    -A cheap pipe (something I can ditch before I get to the border)
    -Rollie's
    -Passport, ID.
    -Food
    -Anything else Important I need

So my Destination Probably California...You may be thinking how the fuck Will I get back...Well I'll pack my bike in a bus...and head back home...
    (not just car wise)
    So my question is...Will I make it? How long will this goal take me? Is this dangerous

Or should I just say give my hope's up and try something else?

Advice is appriciated.
    :)

2. #2 Stoogemeister, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
    My brothers friend rode his bicycle across America, literally. He left in like....May or June, i dunno but he just got back. He started in New York and ended in California.

Haven't seen him but he went with a buddy which is what i suggest you do, and bring appropriate supplies. i mean you probably aren't biking across the US but still, don't wanna be shit outta luck with rain coming down and flat tires.

Also to your questions of "is it dangerous, will I make it etc"

only you can determine if you will make it, let alone do it. Anything can be dangerous, don't get hit by a truck and look out for silly fuckers. I really have no experience with long distance biking so maybe someone else can provide better insight.

3. Yeh. I'd bring spare tubes and Tool's...yeh thats why I'll buy myself some bike mirrors so i don't get hit I don't when ill do this...Season is coming to an end...It's been on my mind for awhile...But I know I can definitly pull it off. I really wanna see california and Hopefully try some of there bud. But if not I pulled off something big in my life :)

4. Mobile phone and its charger...

5. Yep put that on the list.

6. Small medikit.

Something to cover from the Sun, like sunblock or long sleeve shirt. Jacket, may be.

What's a petal bike?

Is it motorized?

7. It's a hardtail...With the hydro disks and etc...But I might save up for another bike More Comfort because the bike I got now is more of a Mountain Bike then for road's. Be way to much of a pain in the ass for long distance..I dont know if those road bike's would be good or not...

8. Yeh I seen those and This is something I Really Really wanna do I just don't know when Alot of thing's ill need to be prepared for...Since this is SUPER LONG BIKE RIDE...Some people say month some people say longer...

9. Oh... you mean peDal bike... I thought, 'what the fuck is a peTal bike?'

Ok... If I were you, I'd ditch the tent and make sure you stop at a place with a hotel or a motel.

A tent would be WAY too much to drag along all day...

10. Dude it's 110 degrees up in Nor Cal, I'm sure it's a little hotter down south. Personally the goal sounds awesome, but in reality just do some research and find a nice cannon and just do like a 60 mile bike ride. These temperatures will be the hardest to overcome. Good luck man, and bring a camera if it goes down:smoking:

11. True.

12. Yeh ill do plenty of research but once I hit the climate change where shit get's to hot I'll try to bike the night time where it's much cooler...This is something i`ll most likely try to do...Just wanna hear some answer's of pro`s and the con's. So I don't wind myself in something stupid.

13. dream comes true only if you start
    have a good idea ,
    ofcourse danger is there in everything you do
    so make up your mind and proceed if you want
    if you dont want then dont think about this as it will be irrtating you

14. this would be something I would love to do...No one in my family did anything like this and it would just be something a everyone I know would be jaw dropped. Like the guy who walked the amazon I was like holy shit. Yeh the only part what make's me nervous is what if I get hit by a car.

Most likely I'll bring someone with me but I have no clue who. :(

15. Be sure to take a spare tire. Cyclists pass through my quiet town all the time, and they are always needing bike repairs, and the #1 repair request is the tires.

16. your gonna need a lighter bro :smoking:

17. Carton of cigarettes.

18. No cigarettes for me and a lighter is just common sense for a stoner :D.

Most things I will get written down I'm gonna have to save up some money before I set out...and My girlfriend will come with me so she needs a new bike too. :)

19. My father, at the age of 63, took the train and went up north 700 km. And he took his bike. A mountain bike type.

His plan was to start from north, and head down south. The entire journey would be about 700 km, and it will take 10 days.

After two days, and travelling 150 kms, his front wheel broke, and he had to call my mom to drive up a car up there and pick him up.