I have a challenge for you Grasscity.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by bittytoker, Feb 26, 2012.

1. So. Grasscity. Put your brain to the test.
    I have a minikeg here. It's very old, but still holds everything inside of it well.
    What I'm asking is... is it feasible to make this thing into a well made bong? I've coated the entire keg with a sealant, and plan to flip the keg over, use the spigot as an area to place a wooden makeshift slider, and then drill a hole in the middle of the keg in order to make an area for the pipe to slide in where I would once again, cover with sealant. What I'm wondering is...
    Will the draw/milk even work on this behemoth?
    I'm not so great at making makeshift bongs, so I'm unsure of all the strategies.
    Just give me opinions and suggestions. Thanks!

Here are da pics.

Attached Files:

2. ... Ignore the man in the mirror in the second photo.
    Haaa.

3. I don't know if it's possible but if so, call it the kong. Keg + Bong = Kong, plus Donkey Kong throws fuckin' barrels at people, so that fits too. Perfect name.

4. If you do this your gonna have to use a full breath of ripping it just for the smoke to get near where you'll inhale and then another 2-3 to clear it

5. What if we fill it up A LOT? I'm a newbie to smoking, but wouldn't that make less volume for the smoke to fill? I understand that kinda defeats the purpose of it being so large, but keep in mind, the idea is simply just to do it because it's there.

6. I've made plenty of homemade bongs in my day, and I think the size of the keg could be a problem.

You might want to put a smaller tube inside and just have the keg as an outer cover. The oxygen inside is at least 2 lungfulls, so that would be a problem unless you want to milk the keg, exhale the oxygen, then take the hit.

Sorry if that's confusing.

7. Get a 5 gallon bucket cut the bottom of this an you have a kick ass gravity bong. ;)

8. for real?
    I would just keep that as a keg, that thing is badass as fuck.

not to say I wouldn't hit the keg-bong but that's how I would do it.

9. fix'd, sorry for double post.

10. smoke will probably be stale by the time you can finally clear it all

11. So the problem isn't necessarily making it work, just HOW it WILL work? :/ what about the idea i proposed earlier? you fill up a lot of the volume with just water and you're left with a smaller amount of space for the smoke? Unorthodox yes, but still a Kong.

12. Eh. See, I don't USE the minikeg really. And being the incredible person I am, I plan to make into something I WILL use :)

13. [quote name='"bittytoker"']

So the problem isn't necessarily making it work, just HOW it WILL work? :/ what about the idea i proposed earlier? you fill up a lot of the volume with just water and you're left with a smaller amount of space for the smoke? Unorthodox yes, but still a Kong.[/quote]

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Go for it and post results!

14. I just don't want to mess this up on my first try. I think my biggest problem is going to be the bowl/spigot...

15. Welp. I think I might as well try it. It's just sitting around anyway.
    If anyone's interested in how this ends up going, friend me. And I'll post results at some other point.

16. i mean you could do it but i dont think it would be very practical thing looks pretty old might taste funky

17. Oh also. While I'm here. Is this thing unique in anyway? It works... I just kinda found it in my house.

Attached Files:

18. Also, could anyone give me ideas for this?

19. I am sure you could make that into a bong but that thing is bad ass the way it is.

20. [quote name='"bittytoker"']Oh also. While I'm here. Is this thing unique in anyway? It works... I just kinda found it in my house.[/quote]

Is that a pipe???