I have a budtender crush

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by brody15, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Everyone out here in Dispensery land has probably had a crush on a cute budtender.

The place I go to, lots of cute girls, (cool ones who pretty much know what they're talking about...weed is good to btw, average Cali prices as well, but anyway....)

All the girls there have been nice, etc, but this one stood out the other day. It was a cool exchange between us, beyond the "I smile a lot, you buy weed."

How to do you get a date with a budtender? Close quarters, lots of people, dont want to sound like a desperate douche, also dont want to mess with the customer/budtender relationship, its a delicate one.

2. You already fucked up. You are a customer now. If you hadn't bought bud from her you may have had a chance but that is almost impossible in a retail setting.

It is like going to a titty bar and trying to pick up dancers. Never give them a dollar because if you do you become a customer to be pumped for cash.

3. ^^ I dont know what the fuck he is talking about, its not like being a budtender requires some sort of professionalism. Its a fucking job you clock in and out of like anyother.

This one budtender was dropping hints about me, saying i have a nice smile, always smiling, being extra friendly, telling me to come in when she works, etc.

Just be straightforward and ask her when she gets off, maybe share a bowl and a movie :)

Workd for me

4. I like saying "we should share a bowl sometime" or something to that effect. And yeah, I dont see the stripper analogy. I seems the better analogy would be like the hot chick at the coffee shop. Girls behind counters are much easier to flirt with.

5. I was gonna say what someone else said. Just ask her when she gets off, then ask her if she wants to burn when she gets off and get her number. There is definitely a lot of cute girl budtenders here. You already read her, she wants you to ask. I am shy and uncomfortable flirting in front of other people, but solid when 1 on 1. That is why you read first, now you know you're golden. Act like you guys are already friends, no one would be able to tell anyways. Then when the two of you are kickin it, make your intentions clear.

6. This!

I'm a budtender, and honestly, don't do anything.
    If the attraction is there, she'll seek you out, she'll
    give you hints, or you know signals.

If you get rejected, then you'll forever be known as
    the "creepy guy who asked me out".

I've gotten asked for my number, and weird creeper
    looks and what not...I just play it off cause I'm not
    interested. If they try to ask for my number, I simply
    give them the store number and say "give me a call
    when you're looking for something specific or in a rush."

Then if they call, and I answer, I get the order ready
    for them, then when they come, I dive into the break
    room and won't come out until they leave...

LOLOLOL...us girl budtenders, playin' you guys like suckas.

:) :p

Okay not all lady budtenders are like that...some you
    guys out there get lucky.

;)

7. Before someone else can post it
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2SIAdeVBzw&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
    And I think if its while shes working and stuf wait for her to make a move. If she's interested shell drop hits, there's a difference between casual flirtation and actually being interested.

8. Lot of good ideas out there, definitely don't want to be the "creepy guy who asked me out." I'm sure the lady budtenders get hit on all the time, and you're all oh so hot! Where do they find you? In the "piercing and tattoo" thread?

I gotta go in a few more times and try to get a "hey what's up, howya doin" thing going on.

The other thing is, I go in there maybe twice a month, she sees a lot of faces, and while I am a massively handsome person with exceptional amounts of charm and hotness, and sex appeal, and.....charm, we coulda just been two ships passing in the night.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

9. She's getting railed violently. Just forget about it.

10. #10 HelpMeOutHo, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    i don't necessarily agree with your analogy because strippers are way different. they are receiving money for sexual acts, you think a stripper is there looking for love? she's probably there trying to make some money to support her family.

budtenders on the other hand are just in retail, no awkward sexual encounters to distance yourself from the money you are trying to make.
    to do some shit like that you have to be a genuine bitch. we are all people here and if someone likes you they shouldn't be afraid to be straight up and try their luck with you. not saying you don't have the right to turn someone down but to say automatically assume anyone who comes in to your dispensary isn't good enough for you is extremely arrogant and air headed.

.02 cents

as for you situation OP, just go for it bro. weed is always a great way to get to know someone. you already have something really great in common with her. if she isn't with someone and you are a nice and decent looking guy you shouldn't have too much trouble. if she does end up turning you down (i hope not) it shouldn't fuck up you trying to cop nugs if she is a reasonable person. in the end business is business and if she wants that CREAM she's gonna keep peddling her shops' product.

11. Oh my, someone doesn't have a sense of humor.

You'll never get a cute budtender that way...

:rolleyes:

Did I ever say they weren't good enough for me?
    I said I wasn't interested...haha don't be foolish.

12. Wait a fucking minute! You're black..........and a budtender! I've got my eye on you! ;)

13. I'm other things too! Wouldn't you like to know...:p

:smoke:

14. :love::love::love::love:

15. Awww, love has been found on my thread.

16. Oh yes....:p I wouldn't go that far since my love
    is already claimed by someone else. GC love though,
    ahhhhh hellll yeaaahhhhh! greedy's got my back!

:D

This thread is about you OP, so what are you gonna
    do? Make a move...follow her to her car after work?

:laughing:

17. first, i do not use dispensaries. and even if i did, where i live they're either gonna be dudes or if they're female their face is probably broke.

the feeling i got from your statement can be summarized from that one line. what i said may have been a little rude, it just reminds me of the stuck up bitches i had to deal with in my high school days.

you saying that just means to me you think if a guy doesn't think he has a shot then he should stop before he fucks up which isn't the approach that is most helpful to a male in the courting process.

rejection is encouraged cuz that's how you learn and if the female has a problem with that she can eat shit. (directed at brody15)

.02 cents

18. hehe, well, there's not much I can do but wait until I need to get a refill on my meds and go from there. I just gotta get her talking, maybe let my bicep show a little, show the guns off:p

19. #19 DV, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

Hahah well I mean if you've seen some of the guys,
    it's definitely creepy. I wasn't saying every guy out
    there is creepy....or creepers, but there's a lot.
    No doubt about it.

Also I didn't tell him to stop or not approach her,
    I said let her approach you. Never once did I say he
    didn't have a shot, please. If you do use a dispensary,
    chances are those people come every week or so, so
    she would probably have some interaction with them,
    enough to know if she's interested or not.

All I'm saying is:

1. Don't ask me out at work when my boss is probably
    less than 20 feet from me.

2. If she's into you, respects her boss and respects her
    job, she'll let you know how to contact her, if the feeling
    is mutual. It's a different kind of retail setting...nothing is
    nonchalant.

Everyone can hear what you're talking about. LOL.

I don't know do what they do now-a-days, FB. :p

Oh but I do agree with you on the busted faces...some
    girls out there look real rough.

edit:

OP....show off the guns if you have them and be casual.
    If you're not pushy, you're more likely to get the "green light."

20. All good points as well, which is why it's a delicate game of non verbal communication type shit. I'm stoked I'm getting advice directly from a female budtender btw.

I could come in at non busy times and if she's there, I still gotta buy something if she's not. Weeks will go by and I'm gonna end up with like 60 grams of 40 different strains and then finally see her.

And yeah, I get where you're coming from about the creepy factor, it does exist.