i have 3

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jfresh420, Jul 8, 2011.

1. outdoor plants..a little over 2 months old..is it normal that i cant see the sex yet? or am i just not looking right? i dont even know what to look for..i know if its a male bc i had one b4:mad:got rid of it..but i looked yesterday and i just dont know what to look for:confused_2:

2. but that even says 6-8 weeks for preflower..i must just not be looking close enough?

3. Quote from the sexing link:

Identifying the Male

Males can be identified by looking at the inter-nodes where leaf and branch stems connect with the main stalk. Male flowers will contain balls somewhere between the size of a marijuana seed and a popcorn seed. One ball is not definitive since female pistils sometimes split from a small single ball that opens. But two or three balls in a cluster is sure confirmation that you have a male. Males should be removed and destroyed to prevent them from releasing pollen. The pollen transports easily so the males can not be safely grown anywhere that shares an a/c or ventilation system unless special precautions are taken.

Identifying the Female

Females are very simple to identify. They sprout white hairs. A small ball will form and split and two tiny white hairs like translucent threads will split out. These hairs are called pistils and intended to catch pollen. Later when the plant is not pollinated these hairs will change color.

Pistils may guarantee that your plant is not a male but your plant could still be a hermaphrodite. You must watch plants grown from seed carefully for male flowers and even a trusted clone if it has undergone stress such as light during its dark period, lack of watering, or being left to flower far past maturity.

4. I was really hoping with a title of "I Have 3" was going to be "I have 3 balls" lol.