I have 2 plants growing NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Trinityxx, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Alright, so i just set up my box, with 2 plants, none of them popped up out of the ground yet, but the root on each of them is long... Now... i have a CFL on them, and NO FAN whatsoever... I need a fan dont i? or they will get to hot and die right?

Im thinking about cutting a hole in each side of the box and setting a small desk fan blowing into the hole to make an airflow through the growbox, that should be good right?

Answer would be loved right away

2. Yeah depending on how big your grow box is your going to want a fan AT LEAST the size of a small desk fan circulating air. what are the demensions of your grow chamber?

3. Alright, sweet thanks guys... I got an old Computer fan that i replaced with a better one... Ripped out a Red and Black wire and hooked it up to a 12v battery, (No fucking clue it would work, just said wth and just tried it) Now i have 1 on the bottom blowing across to the other hole and one on top blowing directly in on the bulb and plants, adds circulation and some warmth i guess :) all is good. I just put the plants under light today at 4:00pm and at 12:00pm there is green showing. I guess its moving fast.

1 more question,

How should i water it? Everyday? weekly? Every hour?

4. Welcome to the city.

Watering

You water the plant when you stick your finger in about an inch to 2 and don't feel any moisture,...THAT'S when you water. Water enough to saturate it and let it be. A med pot can take up to 2, even 3 days till it needs water again. Some more aggressive eaters may need another dose in a day and a 1/2 or so.

The key with these plants is to let them fully dry out before saturating them again. This helps prevent root rot and let's the roots get oxygen as well as water. You'll get to know your plants by looking at them and examining the soil. This will come with time and just doing it. Get in the habit of lifting each plant for a second before watering and then again after also. you'll be able to tell if a plant needs a drink by lifting it eventually (by weight). For now, the combination of touching, looking and lifting will keep you relatively safe but most of all, WATCH YOUR PLANT. Look at it, get to know it. They tell you what they need if you keep your eyes open.

DO NOT OVER WATER!!!

Overwatering and nutrient burn are the 2 most common mistakes of new growers

Good luck :)

5. Thanks so much dude... Its so cool watching the little guys come out of the seed in full green. Lol

6. sure iS! make sure to keep us updated!

7. Try hooking your fan up with a phone charger...The battery will die quickly, and in the long run get expensive. If you have any questions on how to do this just ask.

BTW +Rep....all new growers deserve it.