I have 2 1000 watt MH systems... what to do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by m1ndeater, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Hey, like the title says, I just got a super good deal and bought two 1000 mh systems, ballasts bulb and parabolic reflectors. Now i am kinda feeling foolish though because I don;t think they are gonna work well for flowering. I am loooking to do a medium size grow of around 20-40 plants.

So, the question is, did I waste my money? Can I use only the MH, or do I need to get some HPS for flowering. Do you think using MH the entire way would hurt my yield alot? And, is there any way I can add some helper lights to help increase the red spectrum without having to go buy some 1k watt HPSs?

I would appreciate any help and advice!

btw I am aiming for a SOG style grow and I have 1 room approx 10*12 ft to use.

Originally I was going to use 2 1k HPS for flower and 1 400MH for veg. But now that I have 2 1k MH I donno what to do!

<3

2. Hey I wouldn't sweat it. I've never used MH but I met a guy who used it through the whole life and was happy. It's still pumping out a LOT of light which is the main reason 400w HPS works better than 400w MH, HPS is about 20000 more lumens. 1000w MH blows them both out of the water. Plus I've read that since MH bulbs give off UVB, it actually makes the bud grow more trichomes.

3. Whats a good deal on these?

4. why not buy those mh bulbs that have a little of the red spectrum?

5. I think it's gonna be hard to get the light from two 1K lamps to illuminate 40 mature plants.

Can you use the ballast with HPS bulbs, some can some can't with mine I can and I don't even have a switch.

IMO you should have got 5X400 for better light distribution.

Good luck

Max.

6. veg out about 100 clones.

7. the more watts the more money youll spend on your billthus your electric co will see a big jump in light usage and your bill will double im sure. so be careful plus in phx az the (ghetto bird)or police helicopter has equipment to check for large grow operations.NO BULL SHIT