I hate the term: "stoner".

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pandzor, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Despite my feelings on the word, I've turned into one over the last couple of months or so. Stoner, its so negative, when really, there is nothing wrong with smoking a bit of bud. I understand where a line can be drawn, I won't cross it, but really, I don't see why some people see us as terrible (only some, some may not care, etc.) when all we do is enhance our life a bit. We'll be frowned upon by an older generation, same generation, or even younger generations; yet we see kids getting wasted all the time, and it's just considered social, when really, it's a lot worse for you. I don't mean to sound seriously angry, I just want opinions. So, what do you have to say?

2. Agreed, it's pretty condescending. Many people don't realize the benefits of smoking, unfortunately. I'm a human being...not a "stoner."

3. Usually the only people that have big problems with it, poke alot of smot.. when people around you take notice tthat you smoke a shitload is when its becoming an issue cause its ur fault for not tucking that ish away in a corner of your life.

4. stoners dont care, so who cares

5. [quote name='"Dualified"']Agreed, it's pretty condescending. Many people don't realize the benefits of smoking, unfortunately. I'm a human being...not a "stoner."[/quote]

Thanks for the input. I'm a human too, hahaha. I just say that, because those who know may consider me to be a "stoner". It is because I have never drank, or smoked (i still don't drink, and i don't smoke cigarettes) until this year, so I'm a little crazy over it since I'm trying to catch up from the lost years. Just a faze, and I don't do it dangerously, where it will affect my life (I'll never let it become that).

6. I'm a stoner! I don't care what the label is, just what's inside the box :smoke:

7. I don't give a fuck, they're the ones missing out.

8. [quote name='"waitDoIHaftaBrn"']Usually the only people that have big problems with it, poke alot of smot.. when people around you take notice tthat you smoke a shitload is when its becoming an issue cause its ur fault for not tucking that ish away in a corner of your life.[/quote]

I'm really smart with it. I always smell good, and I try to not let people know. When people do find out, they say "I would have never known."

Because of the use of the word around me, I counsider myself, you know what. Only other that don't smoke pot and know, would call me that.

9. [quote name='"pigpen03"']stoners dont care, so who cares[/quote]

I would kindly disagree. Some may not care, but other may. It's just a slightly derogatory word. I don't mean to make a huge deal about it, because it is only a plant, and it is only a word. I see where you are coming from, though. It's just my anxiety talking, because I am a bright kid, but the judgement that is attached to the word is slightly unfair. Thanks for the input.

10. [quote name='"goldenkiwi"']I don't give a fuck, they're the ones missing out.[/quote]

Completely agree. I do have anxiety issues (bud.calms me down.) so I find it hard not to care, because one think that is constantly running through my head is: are other judging me negatively? I hope you understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for posting.

11. [quote name='"BuddhistBrian"']I'm a stoner! I don't care what the label is, just what's inside the box :smoke:[/quote]

What I like to hear. Thanks for the comment bro.

12. I know lots of people that smoke and some of them fall into that "stoner" category.I also know a lot of people that drink, and some fall into the "drunk" category...just the way it is....

13. I like it more than the term "pothead" probably cause pot is the worst slang term for buds

14. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyiYV8NmR_s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I prefer Stoner over Pothead usually, unless im among friends and pothead is thrown out almost comical

15. Can't say I give a fuck, really...Call me whatever you want, shit don't phase me.:cool:

16. I could careless about an label, I'm more of a Cannabis Enthuiast or Certified Blazer.

17. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']

Can't say I give a fuck, really...Call me whatever you want, shit don't phase me.:cool:[/quote]

I respect that man.

18. [quote name='"shaddytheman"']I could careless about an label, I'm more of a Cannabis Enthuiast or Certified Blazer.[/quote]

Hahah! I like that. I think I'll use that!

19. [quote name='"DojaCFR"']

I prefer Stoner over Pothead usually, unless im among friends and pothead is thrown out almost comical[/quote]

This I actually like the term stoner, even if someone tries to say it in a condescending way it's just like so what in my opinion. Now pothead I fucking hate a. because I hate using pot as a term for weed and b. because I see pothead as kind of the alcoholic of the cannabis culture (unless used jokingly like stated before).

20. Stop caring so much about what other people label you