I hate my voice

Discussion in 'General' started by metal420, Mar 25, 2007.

1. I have a really nasal voice and it sounds like I'm whining all the time when I talk. Is there some way I can stop talking nasally, like taking voice lessons or something? I hate not being able to yell things at sports games because of my voice and things like that. It's so frustrating!

2. I'm not too big on my voice either, mostly because of how I pronounce things (I have something of a lisp) and a kind of nasally sound.

I've just been trying to concentrate on making it sound normal by recording myself and playing my voice back and seeing how to at least get rid of that annoying nasal sound. It seems to be helping me so it could help you as well.

3. like that guy said. smoke more, eat some sand maybe. blow your nose?

4. Girls have always told me I have a sexy voice :) Especialy on the phone they're all over it.... I'm lucky I guess :)

Smoke more homie not just weed but cigerets too if you want a more "manlier" voice. :smoking:

5. Yeah I had a woman once tell me I had a voice for radio.
    However I also get comments that I have a tendency to sound monotonous.
    Having a deep voice is a double-edged sword.

6. ^^ Yeah, I've been told I sound monotoned every once in a while when I'm tired and really bored or something like that

7. Heh, it's probably not nearly as bad as you think it is. People only sound like they're whining when they actually are.

8. They say if you like the sound of your voice, then that's like saying your shit doesn't stink.

I, however, trained myself to not sound like a person with a strong southern accent. I just made sure to focus on stressing my I's.

9. When I was 16-18 I worked at dunkin donuts and was on drive-thru almost every day (the one talking). I used to hear a lot of people say I should be on the radio, or I have a nice sounding voice.

Personally I hate hearing my voice. I think most people are uncomfortable when hearing themselves because it is so different than what you would expect yourself to sound like.

I just tell myself some people have worse voices then myself.

10. smoking and voice lessions would help a lot.

EDIT: when people call my house and i answer they always think it's my dad.

11. i always sound high, even before i started smokin weed... as everyone says. I got a deep voice, and suggestions for having a scrawny ass noise is maybe jack off somewhat, so you get that purity in you and feel that weakness from right after, smoke some weed, work out too. and hell if i know man, just talk from your balls, pull on em, make em drop or somethin man

12. I want to go into radio, but i think my voice sucks for radio. My regulars at the restaurant i used to bartend told me i'd be perfect for radio, so i dunno. I have done some things to lower my voice though, and they seem to have helped.

Try speaking slower, more deliberately, and try to talk from your throat instead of the roof of your mouth, if that makes any sense. Lower your projection point. If you do that for a while consciously, it'll start to become natural. It's worth a shot, right?

I guarantee it's not as bad as you think it is, and you probably don't need to change anything. Of course, if lowering your voice will make you feel better about yourself, then by all means, try the things i said. They seem to have worked for me.

13. [​IMG]

14. The last thing I would do would be smoke cigarettes.

Unless you really like the idea of talking through a small hole in your neck.

15. Before you speak, take a big shot of rum. That'll do it.

Or, just dont worry about it. People don't notice as much as you may think.

16. Fuck that shit. Your voice is part of what makes you YOU. Don't be ashamed of it. Let it be. Who knows, maybe you'll be one hell of a metal singer, screamig and shit. You know, like (metal voice start)YEAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(metal voice end). Sorry if this post sounds stupid, im drunk and it's just how i feel.

17. I mumble alot.

18. I have the same problem, people always have to ask me what i said again, I also talk to myself alot, just casual conversation but whatever./

19. That happens to me too often.
    It's a big fucking nuisance especially if you are just saying stuff to make conversation and they ask you to repeat your objective-less dialogue.