Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I hate getting stoned

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hdth, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Dont get me wrong I love smoking weed, but it seems like all the newer strains of weed are trying to get us higher and higher and not so much on the quality or uniqueness. I just picked up a batch with 25% THC 1% CBN. This stuff blows me off of my chair, im unable to function after smoking it for at least an hour. I hate this feeling, I always want to be in control of my high or surroundings and getting that high just ruins it. I mean for me, smoking more weed after already being high doesn't necessarily add to the high but just mindfucks you, distorts your thinking, gives you major anxiety, and slows your cognitive processing. Whenever I smoke I just have one bowl then im done while everyone else hits off of a 3 gram topped with kief filled bowl until its empty then proceeds to eat all the food and zone out. Or $20 pot brownies. I really don't get why its better to be stoned.

2. try vaporizing you get soo high without being fucked up, specially if your vaping a sativa shit is crazy clear

3. The herb is meant to be enjoyed. If you cannot enjoy being high, maybe weed isn't for you. You could try vaporizing, it's different from smoking. :wave:

4. this is true man.
    vape is an entirely different high IMO.

you're baked but functional...
    & by baked i mean super high.

5. I get what you're saying, but people are always gonna chase an even "higher" high from weed.

Though I believe it is all in your mind if you think you're too fucked up from really dank weed.

You say you wanna be in control at all times while you're high, do you smoke bowls every time? If so then try rolling a blunt, hitting a bong, or like the people above me said, try a vape.

IMO try a vape (if you can afford one) I didn't think I would like it before I tried it, and now I smoke from it every chance I get :D.

6. Either try different strains or stop smoking. Why buy some gnarly shit if you don't want it? Try the $5/gram shelf.

7. Just get some lower quality bud, man

my friend's dad is just like this. He'd sometimes give my friend money when we'd hit up dispensaries, and while me and my friend are always trying to find the most potent $10 grams of bud or bubble hash, he specifically asks for this one strain (tested at about 14% cannabinoids while the shit we would get is 24+%) cause it gets him nicely high by his standards

8. You just needa get more used to it or something. I used to get uncomfortably high quite often. About a year ago, I'd have to stop after like 3 bong rips of dank for fear of just getting WAYYYYYYY too baked. Fast forward to now, I could take bong rips for 3 hours straight and still enjoy it. It is all about becoming comfortable with being stoned :bongin:

9. A vape would be good for you. tried my mates you get so high, not stoned, really fucking high (euphoric)

10. What was the name of this strain?

11. Smoke less? I don't understand the problem. It's very easy to gauge how high you wanna get from what you have so why don't you just get to your level and stop? And as other people have said, vaping!

12. pineapple weed

13. Pineapple Express? :D

14. Sounds like you need a sativa strain.

Its usually the indica strains that leave you unable to function (just the way Ilike it).

15. I love love love getting stoned, it's like Christmas morning but every day

16. Sounds like your tolerance is just really low, I used to get some uncontrollable highs that I couldn't fully enjoy (not to say they weren't fun!). Lol I know it sounds funny to say "smoke more!" but it's kind of true. If you're smoking high grade bud, you need to smoke often to achieve a controllable high.

Also, I find that a high (especially a strong one) can be altered greatly by your mood before smoking, mainly with the Sativa strains. If you go in all nervous or worried that it's going to suck, then it's going to suck! Try to make sure you're in a fairly neutral or happy mood before smoking strong headies.

With that in mind, it could also be the type of bud you're smoking. Heavy sativa's can induce anxiety, and really fuck with your mind if you overdo it or aren't used to smoking strong sativa strains often. Indica's on the other hand give you that "stoned" feeling, very sedative and extremely calming. Maybe you're looking for indica bud, look for strains with "kush" on the tail end or just look up whatever you're getting on leafly before you buy.

17. I'll give you my story. When I experimented in high school and college, it was like the moment I got high I wanted it to go away. I got really paranoid and just never really had an enjoyable experience.

Becoming a cannabis patient was a last resort option for me. I went in thinking I would like Indica's because they're stereotyped as being calming, etc. I also think I read something where people were saying Indica's had more CBD, which is an anti-anxiety cannabinoid.

I started really slow. Just a spoon and it was a long time before I invested in a cheap bong. Sativa's provided all the relief I needed and did not freak me out. Actually, Indica's get me a little worried sometimes because the couchlock feeling and the body high and being able to feel your heartbeat just wigs me out.

On that note, if you are a patient, try dabbing but just like small dabs. I really find dabs to be more functional than smoking. Otherwise, yeah try vaping if concentrates are not an option.

18. [quote name='"Yosh139"']The herb is meant to be enjoyed. If you cannot enjoy being high, maybe weed isn't for you. You could try vaporizing, it's different from smoking. :wave:[/quote]

There's a difference between being cognitively paralyzed and high.

19. Different tokes for different folks.

20. i like getting stoned when i don't need to be functional, and high when i need to be functional. simple