I HATE cops

Discussion in 'General' started by pikkerc, Jul 12, 2015.

1. #1 pikkerc, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    A couple of months back I got a traffic ticket because I didn't have proof that I own my vehicle.

Well it turns out the day of my court date I was told the court location to be some 45 minutes away from where I live.

I'm a 20 year old dude that follows all the rules, works hard, and doesn't really try to make any mistakes. I don't understand how they're going to issue a warrant out for my arrest for a traffic ticket.

Just about 10 minutes ago I was sitting at Sonic eating my food and two cops rolled up behind me and stopped and continue to go. At this point I have my son in the back seat and me and my girlfriend are freaking out. I'm not about to go to jail so I get out of the car and walk to the nearest gas station.

Fortunately enough she didn't get pulled over even though both the cops were waiting for her to pull out and she was able to pick me up and drive me home safely.

I'm just curious if anybody else has had run ins with the law like this and what your opinions are on the subject. I think it's an absurd system to have somebody issued a warrant over a traffic violation. And for the officer that gave me the ticket to not inform me that the court would be several dozen minutes drive away I feel like it's also not cool. I hate cops.

2. The WHOLE justice system is so corrupt its unfathomable.

"lets arrest this kid and make him pay bail with the money he works hard to make, and uses to provide for his family"

Seems like what they think.

3. That's how court works...You don't go or do something they tell you to do, they issue a warrant for your arrest.

I had a lot of those in my younger years, no use gettin' in a hissy over it...It is what it is.[​IMG]

4. My reason to get hissy seems legit to me. Cool thats all fine and dandy. But its a terrible system and clearly set up to make $$$. Not to protect or serve.

5. Sure it is, but this?

This isn't changing it.[​IMG]

6. Yeah man, I'm just kinda on here to vent. I know there's nothing I can do to change it and as soon as I can tomorrow I'll be going up to the courthouse to get it taken care of. But yeah I see where you're coming from.

7. You probably should've just went to court...

8. no you're not you damn smelly pothead ;)

in all seriousness, fuck the police. not just the ridiculous corrupt system that they enforce, but the fact that most individual pigs are douchebags who think they can do what they want just because they're in a position of authority, like they're the law rather than just servants of it

ive had too many bad encounters with the police to even begin to get into it

9. #9 Through The Trees, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    You hate someone for doing their job, and now you're trying to evade arrest? smh. You may be 20 but you have a kid so you don't get to act like one anymore. Could have easily just went to court and all of this would have went away. Now you are going to jail and your kid is going to suffer because of it, way to go.

You're not someone who was harassed by the cops(no, them doing their jobs isn't harassment) and beaten by them for no reason or something. You have no right to complain about any of this.

10. If there's a warrant for your arrest and they knew it was you, she didn't need to drive out. On sight the cops can arrest anyone with a warrant. The warrant is all the probable cause they need. You should of went to court. Don't go to court warrants get issued.

11. Your picture is cool but that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. See ya later lol

12. Ok to clarify, the option of making it to the courthouse wasnt available.
    Some of these responses are.accurate. Some are just rediculous.

Appreciate the supporters. I know full and well what i should have done and i know warrants get issued. I was simply inquiring rather or not others believed this system or strategy to be inadequate or corrupt.

13. Running/hiding from your problems seems to be a reaccuring thing in your life.

p.s. Don't drop the soap! [​IMG]

14. "your kid is going to suffer"

Lol. Im impressed you know that much about my situation!

Im a black male in a conservative city in central missouri. I HAVE been tackled, beaten and all around target for my skin color. So. Maybe refrain from making assumptions fred head. Love ya tho.

15. Oh damn. You know. You HAVE to be correct. Hey, what is my name brother? You are being naive and ignorant. Catch yourself before you trip over your ignorance.

16. Ohhhh no here it goes....bust out the tissues.

So why weren't you able to make it to the court date? They give you plenty of time to make arrangements. Its not like they ticket you in the morning and give you an hour to make it to court. I was in and out of court most if my life until I got my shit together. Many of those years my license was revoked sometimes I had court in other states several hours away. Still made all my appearances. Except once. I'm white and guess what they issued a warrant for me. I knew when I missed the date they would. You knew if you missed court that day a warrant was going to be issued regardless of your skin color.

17. Not even on page 2 and the race card is all but pulled..

18. Did you need to show proof that you own the car in court or something? I thought most tickets around here you can just send them the money without going to court unless you want to contest it and try to get it lowered or whatever.

But I've never gotten a ticket so I dunno :p

19. #19 pinkfloyddsm, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    How in the hell is he being ignorant? I feel blaming your issues on other people instead of stepping up and being a man is naive and ignorant. I'm 50% Mexican, born in Chicago mind you, who now has been living in the dirty south on/off for 15 years. Can cops be assholes? sure but there isn't much you can do. Rather than going to court and paying a fine, you say you had no transportation but i can think off the top of my head several alternative ways you could have gotten there, you have decided to just run in what seems to be a form of naive protest. You need to do some serious thinking dude because you seem to think this somehow is not negative for your family, mostly your child, who if he sees you get arrested may scar him.

20. It's not corrupt, they don't issue a warrant unless you ignore all the notices for your ticket.

I've had that same ticket twice for no proof of registration, and again for no proof of insurance. Both waived when I went to court and proved I had it. I made the mistake, showed up to prove myself and that was that.

"the option of making it to the courthouse was not a option," captain obvious here, but there's your problem. Did you call the courthouse before your first court date to explain you couldn't make it?