I hate being so fucking alone

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BananaPants, Jan 16, 2012.

1. So I just transferred colleges for the spring semester. I spent a bit of time in Arizona when I was younger and had always known of NAU and gone on a few campus visits and loved it, but never went. Well, now is the time and here I am. I don't know a soul within 1800 miles, haven't met my roommate, and have no bud connections... yet. Anyone else been in a similar situation? It's a little odd to just walk up to random strangers who are already with all of their friends and say whats up so I guess I will wait until class starts on Tuesday to really put myself out there.

Stay up blades. Burn one for me.

(I know the title was a bit of a dramatization but hey, it got you in here)

2. Just don't be shy, and have fun. As long as you're not an asshole too, people will gravitate toward you, whether they're in groups or solo. When does your roommate arrive? Do you know anything about them yet?

3. He is already here, I just haven't met him yet. All of his shit is in the room, he just hasn't come back yet while I have been here. But he does have a bob marley blanket, a bunch of rasta colored stuff, and a long board. I'm liking my chances of him too being a stoner.

Flagstaff is a pretty "granola" town. A lot of weed here is what i'm told. Just gotta meet those who have it and get down ha.

4. Word! When he comes back just be like, "Hey bud. Wanna smoke?" New friend right off the bat, and you'll be able to get a hookup from him :smoke:

5. But then what's my excuse when he says yeah and i'm budless?? Just throw him some cash and tell him to bust his stash out? haha.

6. My bad I didn't realize you're dry. Well shit just ask him where you can pick some up! According to my last psych class, they say if someone does you a favor, they're more likely to have positive feelings for you.. not sure how true that is, but it'll still be a small little bridge between the two of you :p

7. I know your situation dude. I just moved 3000 miles across country to cali over the summer. I was alone for two months man, i didnt think things would get better. Then i met a few kids, got my med card, found a job after hours of searching. Dont worry dude, shit will fall into place just give it time

8. And let's not forget effort :D

9. Haha I was in the same situation my freshman year and here's my advice.... Don't just flat out ask if he smokes.. When you get a roommate there is always the awkward like feel each other out period where you kinda figure out who they are as a person... Just make small talk and wait a day till he has been there for a couple hours or a day whatever you feel is easier... Ask him to go to lunch or something, you guys are gonna be living together you gotta at least be like cool with each other

At lunch dinner whatever just be like I saw your marley stuff and board and be like you a fan... He'll give some stupid answer or whatever and than you can open the door and be like so you burn huh? And he'll try and down play it cause he doesn't know where u sit on the subject.... Make a joke and than you can be like I do to so its all good or something

You don't have to do what I say but in my experience it was the stupid small talk bs that opened the door for me... My roommate didn't burn but he knew where I could get it and was okay with Mel smokin in the room and we never had problems.... We didn't have the same friends but we would chill and talk when we were together

10. shit man, i guess you should just try and meet a lot of new people and i'm sure weed will come up in conversation before long and go from there. Been to a few new areas, usually how it goes haha. man good luck i'll burn a bowl for ya right now. :smoke:

11. no dont do that shit thats really homo no offense man but when he comes back just be like wattap my name is derp and im from derpland and ask him where hes from and then talk about sports bc all guys can relate to sports and then mention the marley blanket and be like marley is dope, do you smoke? and youre in his pants err i mean stash lol

12. when i moved to college how i met my roomate pedro badass mexican man never gonna forget him

13. I was just sharing my experience like I said.... A lot of people are really paranoid about smoking in college so I disagree with just coming at him like that.... You gotta remember derp is new to the room, the roommate has been there your walking into his environment, a lot of people take that shit serious...I found that just saying you got bud on you didn't work well until I got the actually talk to people... Call it homo if you want but I try and be at least cordiall with people until I know them well enough to be an asshole around them

14. [​IMG]

15. lol its all good but you gotta be the alpha male you cant just be scared of what people think all the time just come out at them whether they like it or not if you are a cool guy then it wont really matter he will want to be cool with you you gotta think of it like that like everyone wants to be my friend and i get to choose not the other way around ya dig?

like if charlie sheen or will smith walked into the room and just started talking mad shit to you, youre not gonna like it but youre still gonna be cool with them bc they cool peeeps loool make yourself charlie sheen or will smith

16. That's the problem though I'm so alpha that I get myself into shit loads of trouble.... Literally the only time I'm passive is when I first meet someone in a situation like that... Haha I'm cocky, overly confident and borderline arrogant but I don't give a fuck haha and that's what gets me in trouble if I don't tone it down with people when I first meet them it usually doesn't end well

17. girls love it and fuck what the dudes think they really dont matter

18. Haha I know they do, I made a fuckin killing back in high school but I have been in a relationship for almost three years now so I let it sit on the shelf for a time whe. I need it haha

19. Everytime I rent a room the roomate is always a stoner. They always offer me a bowl. We start off like that easy.

Offer him a bowl.