Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I had a weird reaction last night

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rasta Buds, Jul 8, 2012.

1. So I have been a heavy smoker for about two years now, and have had similar things happen before, but not nearly as bad as last night.

I should note that I haven't been smoking nearly as much lately, and took a break for several weeks ago, but I have been smoking every day for about a month since. I took a few bong hits like normal and felt like my throat was closing. It was hard to breathe and I had intense cottonmouth. I drank a little water, and felt like I was going to throw up. Every minute or two I would have what I can only describe as a small seizure- my feet and hands went completely numb and I was having involuntary spasms and felt very cold, even though its hot where I am and I even put a sweatshirt on. It was very unpleasant. I tried eating and couldn't even swallow, I just felt so shitty. For the next three hours my entire body was tense- I was trying to be relaxed and keep my muscles loose, but my legs and abs were flexed like I was trying to show off my muscles :confused: All in all, very strange and unpleasant.

Like I said, I've had similar stuff happen before, like the throat feeling like it's closing, like there is some kind of bubble of air in my throat. I find this is usually a result of acid reflux, but this time was like a full fledged panic attack. I'm almost scared to smoke again, what should I do? I think my lower tolerance might have had something to do with it again, because I've only been smoking about a bowl or two a day.

2. sounds like you were on the verge of greening out bro

3. haha dude I took a month tolerance break and just toked up a gram and i'm so high I'm low like a fish in the sky:smoke:

4. I don't think that's what it was, I hardly smoked any at all, not nearly enough to green out.

5. Maybe you swallowed some of the bong hit? I know when I do by accident, it can make you feel like you want to throw up/can't breathe as well, all the smoke is trapped inside you still. It can make you feel sick, but I can't explain the spasms. Idk bro, I don't have a PhD

6. Hey...I have had many slightly similar but a little different times! It all started with my first joint my skin went all cold and I my friends said I had sort of a seizure thing but wasnt shaking just twitching and went stiff as a board, that happened a few times after that and then I started smoking bongs everyday all day for about the last 5 years. It still continues to happen but its a little bit different it feels like my throat has completely closed up as if its a pinhole, then i start feeling sick and dizzy and have a seizure.

Ive been to the docs and had heaps of tests done and they found I had second degree heart block so maybe look into that and see if you have any other symptoms of heart block. Or it may be another heart problem because I have the weird seizure type episodes that arent technical seizures when my heart doesnt pump enough and im losing oxygen to the brain for too long. Thats my experiance :) a bit different to yours but slightly similar...hope it helps a little!

7. Oh my god, that's terrifying. I'm sorry man

8. as for the shaking and flexed muscles my guess would be the cannabinoid receptor's connection to muscles all over the body, could have gotten high enough to hit some of those old receptors you haven't otherwise been high enough to hit.

Your throat closing up though idk maybe a mix of paranoia and bad cotton mouth or maybe you had to hawk a fat lugy, haha. I've never heard of this happening to anybody and it would have been reported by now if it's killed anybody so I wouldn't worry about it, it could just be in your head.

The numbness could be anxiety, it does some pretty messed up shit sometimes and it could cause some blood flow issues causing numbness... or just straight over stimulation leading to numbness depending on how anxious you got.

9. Definitely anxiety man I had similar shit happen.i find that smoking weed
    With a higher cbd content prevents having them at all.go for an indica dominant strain.oh amd if you still have one take a second to just sit down and relax.throw on some reggae and remember its all in your head.

10. There is this place called a doctors office, they are real good at running tests and helping you find out what is wrong! Crazy huh?