I had a dream that I died.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by The Crunge, Mar 20, 2012.

1. This is all very interesting and it actually got me thinking, what would happen if someone committed suicide in a lucid dream? Does all the answers to the questions concerning death lie in our slumber?

This is the train of thought that's running through my head:
    Guy has lucid dream. Guy flies in lucid dream. Flying comes naturally and feels like second nature. Flying feels fucking real. Would it really feel like this if He flies?

Again guy has lucid dream. He has never been in a violent physical conflict but when stabbed in a lucid dream he feels like that is how it feels to be stabbed. Does it really feel that way to be stabbed.

Death in dream, would it really lead to us "waking up"? I'm aware that I'm not making sense but fuck it what does make sense?

2. [quote name='"tHe LoNLy StOnR"']This is all very interesting and it actually got me thinking, what would happen if someone committed suicide in a lucid dream? Does all the answers to the questions concerning death lie in our slumber?

Guy has lucid dream. Guy flies in lucid dream. Flying comes naturally and feels like second nature. Flying feels fucking real. Would it really feel like this if He flies?

Again guy has lucid dream. He has never been in a violent physical conflict but when stabbed in a lucid dream he feels like that is how it feels to be stabbed. Does it really feel that way to be stabbed.

Death in dream, would it really lead to us "waking up"? I'm aware that I'm not making sense but fuck it what does make sense?[/quote]

I know what you mean, back before I had sex for the first time I use to have dreams of having sex and thought thats what it felt like. But now that I have had sex in this reality. My whole feeling of sex changed when I dream now.

3. [quote name='"tHe LoNLy StOnR"']This is all very interesting and it actually got me thinking, what would happen if someone committed suicide in a lucid dream? Does all the answers to the questions concerning death lie in our slumber?

Death in dream, would it really lead to us "waking up"? I'm aware that I'm not making sense but fuck it what does make sense?[/quote]

you make plenty of sense to me. my concept is that for example if youve experienced something in reality i.e you drop a ball and it bounces / rolls or whatever in your dream your sub conscious remembers this.

my thoughts were if i was to learn to lucid dream and i wanted to build something in my dream. if the design proves to work inside my dream would i then be able to just copy my design and get the same results.

Another thing would be say if i was to read a book or a research paper having only briefly glanced at it in reality would my subconscious be able to project that same paper back to me.

any way i havent managed to enter the lucid dream state yet but i have been able to recall my dreams alot better recently so fingers crossed

4. What would make you dream that?

You see, these types of dreams, are built off of your subconscious. What you see through your consciousness sometimes absorbs into your subconscious. And then when you sleep. Your subconscious builds your dream.

Write down the things you keep thinking about in your mind throughout the day. Consider what you see throughout the day. Is your dream relevant to any of it? If it is, then this theory is successful. If not, then you just had a prophetic dream. Now, these dreams are given, so you may make a choice. The choice is, do you want to follow through with it or not? Now with most men and women. Trying to avoid fate always winds up leading them right into it. Only you know your situation. Judge it according to what you feel is right. And maybe even pray to God with all your willpower(faith), to try to avoid it. Good luck!

5. I had a crazy dream where me and my dad(I think) - I never saw him, I just knew for some reason he was present - were in a glass enclosure that was only as tall as someone laying laterally on the ground. There was a ticking bomb going off in the corner, and as the bomb was counting down, the reality of immanent death dawned on me more and more; the gravity of the situation felt so real and intense, that that is how I now imagine the final moments to be.

When the bomb finally went off, time slowed down to fractions of seconds and you could feel death creeping ever so slowly and life leaving the body so realistically. It was a really amazing dream, and very eye opening.

I'm seriously starting to believe that the differences in our perception of reality versus our perception of dreams are minute.

6. And my BIL is suicidal

Hon, get him on Omega 3 ASAP!

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain (news – 2011)
    Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain - Wellsphere

Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors (news – 2011)
    Poor Diet Impairs Cannabinoid Receptors

Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet (news – 2012)
    Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com

And you may want to try some yourself! Those CB1 receptors that are damaged by no Omega 3, are the same ones that get you high! If you eat the "average American diet", your endocannabinoid system (ECS) is not in tip-top shape, either!

O-6 vs. O-3 ratio
    Omega-6 to Omega-3 Ratio - Discover the Shocking Reality That Ruins Your Health More than You Think! - Free Online Library

Granny