I gotta learn to roll

Discussion in 'General' started by ThaDankest, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Hey all, I am in dire need of some advice. Nobody, NOBODY, i know (that is willing) knows how to roll a joint. The only person that I know can is my bro, and he doesnt smoke anymore, and therefore doesnt approve of me smoking. Joints are my personal fav when it comes to dank but if nobody can roll em then nobody can smoke em. I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to roll a good joint. Anywhere from helpful tips to a full-lenght, hands-on guide would be very appreciated. Thanx in advance.

2. I can't really give you advice, but there is TONS of info in google.

3. video

4. I roll cigarettes very often and joints very rarely, but once in a long while i'll roll an ok joint that hits okay.

First and foremost I recommend that you get a grinder, or spend quite the while breaking down your bud into the finest pieces you can do without losing it in the wind or something. One way or another break down your bud.

Secondly I would get a hold of some decent rolling papers. I've used hempire, but it's rather fragile so I would recommend getting some decent thick papers, perhaps something that's made out of tobacco leaf or something similar. Don't use standard cigarette papers as these will only roll you small joints and they are definately not long enough to look right. Get some that are at least 1 and 1/4 inches thick and long enough to your liking.

Depending on the thickness of your paper, use one or two papers and place them relatively close to each other, one overlapping the other slightly. There should already be one fold down the middle of the paper, the "top" of the paper is the gummed side and the ungummed is the "bottom." On the bottom half of the fold, fold one more down the middle, creating two fourth sections below the bottom. Take the corners on the bottom of the rolling papers and fold them inward (it makes it easier for the joint to stay together).

Take a decent amount of ground bud and sprinkle it in layers slowly onto the joint, emphasizing it's placement in the bottom fourth of the paper. Make sure to place a decent amount towards the end as if this is not done, you will end up with a short joint. Pack it lightly with a finger down into the crevice in the bottom half of the rolling paper. Once it looks even, slowly move your pointer finger and thumb up and down the rolling paper, this time attempting ever so slightly not to touch the bud much, but it's ok to touch it a little if it happens to, just try not to as you slowly roll it back and forth, compressing the bud together. "Massage" the paper in this fashion until the bud compresses tightly and firmly. Now, remember not to be TOO tight with it, just enough to keep it together and burn slow enough to get a decent amount of THC out of it. Once the bud is relatively compressed in the bottom quarter of the rolling paper, lightly salivate (lick with slightly dry tongue) the gummed top of the paper. Once this is done, slowly, trying not the wrinkle the paper, roll the paper and bud up until only the top quarter of the rolling paper is still unrolled. Adjust your fingers to push down on the gummed area of the paper and roll that onto the nearly formed joint.

Lightly push the gummed end down on the paper until it adheres. If there are any wet spots, you used too much saliva. Finally, take a lighter and about 1/2 to 1 inch below the horizontally held joint, use the lighter heat the gummed edge lightly for about 1 to 2 seconds until the gummed edge firmly adheres, there should be no brown or burn spots; make sure not to ignite it.

At this point the joint is rolled and ready for smoking. Some people like to roll a tiny funnel at the end of the joint with two fingers to create a hole where a toke or hit is taken from. Others don't.

If you need to travel, take out a touch of the weed at the ends and twist the ends of the joint so that none of it will fall out. This is optional, you can travel with it open, a tiny bit just may fall out. If improperly or loosely rolled, ALOT will fall out, so be careful. Optionally, you may lightly salivate the tips and heat them similarly to the gum edge, though I find this to be unnecessary.

Hope this helps.

5. my friend has one. shes rolls perfect joints with it. they're not as well packed as they could be with hand rolling. however, they're really easy to learn and they roll well smoking joints.

6. there's only 1 way to learn how to roll a joint and that is to keep practising. as with anything the more you do it, the better you get. eventually you can do it with your eyes closed.

buy a shit load of weed, clean it and then take your blades and keep rolling!

good luck and happy blazing!

7. Thanx alot guys.

infiniteawesome: That was a very helpful post and thanx again.

Reggae Freek: I definitley agree. I just need sum practice. The only prob is that my supply is very limited.

8. another suggestion

practice rolling w/ tobacoo b4 u try weed (trust me it'll save you headaches)
    get the rolling machine. i have one just like it and i can roll perfect killer cones everytime.

there are also instructional videos all over the net so just do a google search