i got new plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sittinongold, May 15, 2010.

1. alright so a really good friend of mine gave me some kush plants of his. i had to chuck out 3 of them due to my whole house reeeeking.

i have some quick questions if someone could answer them for me.

1. if i put up some pictures can you tell me if its in veg state or flowering?
    2. how hot should my grow room be i have it at a constant 80C
    3. how often should i water
    4. should i use chemical 'plant food' ?
    5. veg state = i should have lights on 18 hours a day. flowering i should have 12 right?
    also if its in flowering is there a way i can reverse it to veg to grow it even bigger? so that when it goes to flower there will be more buds?

so far i have a repti 5.0 uvb bulb and a 50 watt redlight heat bulb and my closet tinfoiled up.

i did not have them on lights for almost 2 days due to me working so much.
    also i have noticed it is starting to dry up and turn yellow in spots.
    could this be due to strees that i caused by fucking with there normal spectrum?

thanks.
    -gold.

2. You should take down that tinfoil. It does more harm then good. You should use mylar, or go out and buy an emergency blanket, they're like 2-3 bucks and cover a really wide space. You should also get rid of the bulbs you're using. They don't produce the right kind of life that plants need to thrive. In your situation, i would suggest using CFL's.

3. Also, you should water whenever the soil is dry. A good trick is to stick your finger in the soil down to the first or second knuckle, and if theres any moisture, don't water. Post pics and ill tell you what state they're in

4. i have raised a chameleon from a week after birth to 1 and 1/2 years old with the same kind of bulb. i dont see how this light is the wrong kind of light. every living thing needs uv .... and tinfoil can be harmful to a plant??? explain into detail please i do not want to fuck up this beauty of nature. i am going to go snap some pictures and will post asap. thank you.

i am not %100 new to this i had a few babys that i started from germination to about 1/2 a foot tall
    my brother had a warrent cops came over, cops smelled them and took them away. i was about 14 at the time.

5. Agree. OP you need lights.

6. this is epic fail. comparing a marijuana plant to a lizard? I'm just gonna leave that alone. I will suggest that you read up on lots of marijuana growing guides along with basic guides on plants in general. I'll give you the first fact. plants are green because they absorb blue and red specrums of light. if a plant absorbed the green spectum that is in the middle of the red and blues then that plant would be purple. so not only is uv useless to plants but so is green light.

7. here is my room pic of closet.

[​IMG]

here is my baby
    [​IMG]

here is a picture if you look close you can see a yellow ting spots on the leafs crevases, is this pollen or something to worry about? also the leaf is drying up from the tips.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

how can i prevent this???????????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the blurry, this growing from where the stem starts and the 'stump' means its female correct???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

what is this how do i prevent this????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this took me alot of time and effort, so please dont be a dickhead. let me know everything i can improve on and critisise me. so please if someone can help me out please do so.
    thanks
    -gold.:smoking:

8. not only a lizard, a chameleon.
    they are VERY high matinence animals and stress VERY easily.

so plants absorb blue and red spectrums? how do i know if the bulb i am buying produces the right spectrums?
    should i go to my local greenhouse and tell him i am 'growing tomatoes' and need a special bulb?
    i am not looking to spend alot of money here but want a healthy plant.

9. Study this for your light needs.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html

10. CFLs meaning compact flaurence tubes?
    cause if so i am using a CFL UV bulb. and one heat bulb so when i leave my window open it stays between 75 and 80. SORRY FOR NOT BEING SPECIFIC...

11. so is my plant in veg? should i leave on for 18/5?
    or should i turn them to 12/12??

12. Lizards are not genetically related to marijuana plants whatsoever, therefore, you cannot think that this plant could survive using a lizard light and a heat lamp.

Heres what you should do.
    1. Dump those bulbs (unless you wanna save em for a lizard).
    2. Pick up some cool white and daylight CFL's (Compact Fluorescent Light).
    3. Personally, i would send it straight into flowering from this point.
    4. If you want to save your plant, look at all the grow guides you can, search through all the stickies on this website, and cram as much soil/indoor growing knowledge that you can fit in that brain of yours.

13. i used the same bulb to grow my babys up to a foot high before.
    so i just figured why not right ? dont have to go to the store.

but yes i am going to go pick up some 2,700k 26watt bulbs and 1 more fixture tommorow morning.
    im going to wait off on the lights instead of turning on at 5am i am going to turn them on at 8am and run them to 8pm until fully mature.
    thanks alot everyone! my first legit grow too bad i didnt start her from the ground up.

14. what do you mean save it>?
    like keep it living after harvest is what you mean?
    is this possible?

15. thats almost 200 F. how is your house not on fire?

16. i failed science.
    i always get C and F backwards.
    you know what i mean.