I got hit by a car today

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thedon420, Dec 1, 2009.

1. #1 thedon420, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
    At 9:00 AM today I was crossing a busy road to get to the subway station to go to class. I looked, traffic in the near lane was stopped, and it looked like the other lane had a red light. so I cut across the streed and as soon as I walk into the other lane BAM! right into the side of an oncomming SUV. someone in the car next to the incident called 911 and the cops and paramedics came. by the time everyone got there, I was sitting on the guard rail with all of my stuff on the ground and a crowd of people around me. It was here that I put my bowl and my bag of weed in my bag, I had about 2 grams. while I was sitting there, a police officer held up my bowl and bag and asked if it was involved, obviously I denied it. What should I expect to come from this? it was obviously confiscated, but I didn't check my bag since that, but I'd probably bust a nut if the cop put it back
    Right now I'm in the hospital waiting on the results of a CAT scan. I have a fractured tibia and fibula. and I was given a vicodin, shitty high, but effective pain killer.
    this makes the second time I was hit by a car. in this case it was entirely my fault, and after I was hit I was appoligizing to the driver that hit me, for the inconvieniance it caused her, she looked more shaken than I felt at the time,
    but yeah, talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed, I didn't even get my morning cig yet.
    but I'm most concerned about the part I haved highlighted in the red

2. Hmm I'd be moderately worried, depending on how they seemed to consider it at the time.

did he make it sound like there were going to be follow ups etc?

damn dude, two close calls. Be careful out there.

3. You'll probably be fine. The cop probably just took it and either smoked it himself, or disposed of it.

Unless he was an asshole. Assholes have a tendency to charge people with possession right after getting struck by a vehicle.

4. dang man.... i'm glad you're relatively ok... at least it didn't straight up hit you going 70. and if they didn't do anything about the red part at the scene, i'm sure they won't look any further into it.

besides rolling it up, of course.

next bowl's for your leg and confiscated shyit.

5. the cop really underplayed the significance of finding my bud, he seemed like he didn't even care about it, it's seems likely that they didn't even take note of it being there. I'm home now, but I feel pretty confident that nothing will com from it

6. Hold up, Vicodin a bad high? Get outta here!

Nah, but seriously man that sucks. I hope you feel better soon. If he didn't seem to care that much, I wouldn't worry too much...I know if I was an honest cop and I found some bud on somebody that just got hit by a car I'd let it slide...atleast thats what I'd hope they do.

7. what I meant to say about the vicodin, the buzz I get from them compared to percs is nothing, but they are GREAT at doing their medical function

8. you have a highlighted part? couldd mean surgery. good luck tho

9. hahahha... hes talking about the highlighted part in his story where the cop finds his bud..

Glad your okay OP

10. Wow...glad you're okay. The only problem I can see possibly arising is if you try to get your hospital bills paid by the driver's insurance, they may accuse you of being under the influence and not pay up. They could even accuse you of being at fault for that or jaywalking if you weren't at a crosswalk. Any damage to her car?

Did you find out what the cop did with your stuff? You need to get a copy of the accident report and then you'll know better where you stand legally

Best of luck...

11. lmaoo my fault! i got into accident, and they had highlighted the part where they were gonna slice me and fix me up. im high so im excusing my self.

12. Best of luck man. That's a shitty situation, especially after getting hit by a car.:eek: If the cop didn't seem to really care, I'd just hope for the best and doubt he'll do anything about it. Hope everything works out. Peace :smoke:

13. Wow that's insane. Hope your ok dude.