I got fired today....

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by zidave05, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Ok so before this happened, some of you may have seen my thread about my grandpa....how he killed his wife and then himself and me and my family is already going through alot of shit.

So I was supposed to be at work at 7am today and my alarm did not go off so I got up at 8:30 am and got to work and clocked in at 8:53am. I obviously would not have had time to get something to eat. I'm at work busting ass, getting shit done but I missed one part and my manager asked me to fill it and I said ok gimme a sec and went back to what I had to do and then I had to unload a truck for the grocery store I work at and then after I finished that I bought me a $2.00 energy drink to maybe get a little boost my manager asked me again why I didn't fill the bunker my manager asked me to fill.

I kinda got an attitude cuz he was slowing me down to get that bunker full and said "dang man, I've only been here an hour" he said "who opened the department" and I said "i did but I was late" and he said something but I couldn't hear him cuz I was in a rush to go to the back to fill that bunker. I came right back out with some stock to fill the bunker that he asked about. So after I got that full I went back to the back and began downstacking the pallets of stock we just got. In between trips to work out the stock I grabbed a single scoop of chili from the self-serve soup kiosk at the deli. I go back to the back to continue workin stock and as I walked back in there my manager came back with a piece of paper and a woman as a witness that he was writing me up for being 2 hours late and "catching an attitude" with my manager. I signed it and didn't let it bother me. He saw the cup of chili in my hand and asked where my receipt was and I just set the chili down and didn't eat it and it wound up getting thrown away by someone.

I continued to work and get everything done and throughout the day the Co-manager of the store called me to the office to fuss at me about being rude to my other manager and said he couldn't over look me stealing, which I didn't even eat, and said he had to call Human Resources about it.

It was now about 1:00pm in the afternoon and I was about to go on my lunchbreak and the Co-manager called me and told me to come see him. In the office was another girl as a witness and he told me that HR said that I had to go because I did not pay for the uneaten chili. I asked if I could pay for it now just to avoid any problems and the HR woman said if I could not produce a receipt for the time-frame I had the soup and I could not.

Do you think this is wrong? I've been with the company for 4 1/2 years and didn't have any plans of quitting and they're gonna fire me over a single scoop of uneaten chili that would have costed roughly $1.75.

2. do you work at heb?

3. It's called Winn-Dixie...a grocery store in Alabama.

4. Zidave that is some fucked up shit.

I would have thrown the chili in that managers face and quit.

5. Yea man, thats pretty fucked up.
    I wouldve threw the chilli in the managers face, like KillerSmoke said.
    Then I wouldve took a shit in isle 5.

6. I think you deserved it. You've been through alot granted, but you caught an attitude with an employee and stole the same day, id of fired you in a heartbeat. However if I knew what happened in your family id just write you up on a warning and tell you to take a week off until you think your able to work correctly

7. I think its bullshit. I mean, its 2 dollars. Like the manager has never "stole" some chili or donuts from the store, I know when I worked at WD a few years ago, my manager would "take us out" for lunch.(grab a loaf of bread and some shit from the deli and go outside and eat)

Was that your first time beeing late in a while? or at all?

8. In a managers' eyes not paying for something is stealing, even if its gum, chili, etc. Sorry to hear that bro.

9. Sorry to here man, hiopefully you will find an even better job

10. First time in like 3 months

11. His was just a chance for him to finally fire you. If he didnt have a previous problem with you he would have never fired you for the 2 dollars of chili. Thats my guess.

12. Fuck 'em. Go get a better job. :)

13. go fill out an application at your local head shop.

14. :cool: its fucked how place's find reasons for firing ppl. I worked at wendys before and they fired a girl for given a extra sause for someones salad. It was'nt even her salad, in my eyes they just want another minuim wage girl to fill her spot.Cause she worked there for a while and she was fat and lazy.Sux man but they found a way to get her ass out of there, there is plenty more jobs out there.:wave:

15. The 1.75 worth of chili you stole must have really hurt they're profits that day. Imagine what the store owners going to do when he's $1.75 short for the payment on the car you probably couldn't dream of affording. It's a world of business now man, you can't expect managers to give a damn about you just because your a person, they only care about profits.

16. time to move on.:wave:

17. Yea I don't care anymore....I can do better

18. Sounds like a piece of shit outfit to me.

19. I think they were racist and sexist...you should get a lawyer....LMAO or go back and have a slip n fall.

20. Well considering I'm white and male that won't hold up in court.