I got fired for going to my sister's wedding

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thedon420, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Unlike so many other stories, I posted about my (former) job at McD's, this one is actually 100% true.
    this all started last week, I had a couple write-ups for coming in (usually less than 5 min.) late. My sister's wedding was planned for saturday.
    I go to the request book, 2 weeks before the wedding, and the page to request that day off is gone. they already started writing the schedual.
    no big deal, I'll just find someone to cover my shift no problem.
    I asked almost all of my coworkers, no one could cover that time, and they wouldn't let me call off.
    since family is ALWAYS more important that work (especially a crappy minimum wage job) I traded 20 hours a week at $7.45 an hour for time with my family. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!
    the only reason I got that job in the first place is because no one else would hire a 17 year old with no work experience. Now that I have 2 1/2 years of experience, I shouldn't have any problem getting a better job.

2. I hope you find one soon. :)

3. It's sad how the manager couldn't get off his ass and work a few hours.

Be a better part of society, and work for BK!

4. #4 simmer, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    Dude, Donalds is a piece of SHIT company.

I got written up for eating a french fry.
    I got written up for taking a day off.
    I got written up cause they messed up my schedule. I gave them a calander and all the dates that I would not be able to work because of school, and school activities. and they still fucked up.

Three strikes and I got fired.

I'm glad I was.
    The nicest people there were the ones who couldn't speak english. No lie. One of them had a crush on me :eek:

No telling what sort of bitter husk of human I would have turned out to be if I wasn't fired.

Edit: That's why Taco bell is so much better!!! I eat some of the messed up orders and make my own food if there are none. I run things my way pretty much but we're like one multi-racial family. lol

5. ya, that job really sucked. I either experienced everything you said, or I saw it happen. I'm glad that I actually have a need to find a better job now.

6. You were scheduled to work. You didn't show up. You were fired. Whoopie.

7. i work at wendy's

so i dun know how mcdonalds is

all we do is sit around and talk. my weed dealer works with me too.

our service times are garbage and the manager wont fire anyone cause she hates people who dont know wtf to do.

its funny. but sucks.

8. same thing happened to me

i requested to be off today (oct 31st) two months ago, my boss wrote the schedule and he never works sundays, he had me on, i reminded him each week for 2 months or inquired weither or not i'd be off, he gave me the run around each time

so i went to corparate on his ass and emailed the supervisor, supervisor forwarded my email to him and in big font on the top he wrote "PLEASE CALL ME ON RIGHT AWAY!!!!!" - got the day off and my boss is PISSED

9. You'll find a better job for sure man. Mcdonalds sucked ass when I worked there. I kelt getting written up for stupid reasons. I had the most unprofessional management crew eeeever. The guy who trained me left quarter way through it and I didn't complete my training. I worked there for 2 months and I just left, didn't come back.