I got caught... on my BIRTHDAY

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by lipsofdeceit, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Yeah, todays my birthday. but it's not a happy birthday. it's the worst birthday i ever had & possibly one of the worst days ever. i got caught smoking weed by my mom cuz i was a fucking dumbass & smoked in my room... with her right next door. wtf. i've been doing it for a while without getting caught so i thought i was in the safe... i couldn't have been more wrong. as soon as i opened my door my mom caught the whiff. at first she thought i was smoking cigarettes and she told me to give her the pack. i kept denying i was smoking anything at first but i realized that she was going to keep asking me until i fessed up... so i handed her my pipe which was full of weed cuz i had been smoking it. i took about 3 hits. she was so disappointed in me, especially cuz i'm her only child & neither she nor my dad went to college & they have such high hopes for me. i don't think she would have been as disappointed if i was doing good in school, but i don't. (i'm a senior in highschool) & now she knows i'm smoking, & she's convinced i'm going downhill & have no future, which is somewhat true on some level. so she's obviously very miserable, as am i. she didn't really yell, but she lectured me with tears in her eyes. she couldn't even look at me... she's acting somewhat normal now but you know how it is when your parents act kind of normal after you do something wrong but you can see it in their eyes & hear it in their voice that they're fucking pissed/disappointed? yeah, that's how it is. what sucks the most is she took like $50 worth of some nice ass purps & i had been so excited about smoking them. she also made me give her ALL my money so now i can't even buy nothing. also, i know nothing is ever gonna be the same again. it's worse cuz i'm asian. ugh fuck life. seriously, just fuck everything. i know things could be worse but i feel like such shit right now.

2. Dude.

That sucks about the purps.

3. maybe we mature quicker here but why are you sneaking around about it

a. if your mum doesn't want you smoking in her house, don't be so fucking disrespectful

b. and don't be so naive that you think you mum wasn't young once, sit down and tell her where your at, often !

c. i assume you are a grown man capable of making your own decisions, you are? (tell your mum that) Great.
    Now the hard part, stick by them.... explain yourself to your mum, do you think you are doing something wrong, cos if you do then maybe pot isn't for you.

shes ya mum
    no matter wat you guys are stuck with each other, make the most of it, dont make your relationship with your mum a bs one, where you are trying not to say the wrong things because you might get "caught"

i started telling my mum the truth when i was about 18. now we have an awesome relationship, and she will even have a giggle at stories of me and the boys stoner shenanigans.

4. :smoking::smoking::smoking:LMFAO:smoking::smoking::smoking:
    Ya smokin inside your house is not a very wise idea if you can't wait until you can smoke outside your moms you have some problems. Happened to me before though but i just sprayed a shit load of axe and ate some gum right in front of my mom and she let it go and told me to not do it again.

5. asian parents ftl

i've already graduated from college and for the last 2 years I was in college my dad was convinced i'd have to future because i switched out of being an engineering major.

but that seriously sucks man. i've never experienced these problems before because i didn't start smoking until college. and oddly enough after i did, my grades got better. my parents still don't know i smoke (well, my mom knows i tried it once, which at the time of me telling her was actually truthful), but even with a career and such i think they'd still be disappointed. my mom buys into all of the media bullshit and tries to tell me to do what the news says. unlike me who takes everything with a grain of salt and do my own research on such matters.

such are the ways of asian parents

6. sucks man, to bad your mom took it so hard. talk to her, mayb show her some facts about it.:wave:

7. I was thinking the same thing.

Assuming you didn't read this post tell me what comes to your mind if you were to read the following:
    My first assumption would not be you got caught smoking weed.

Thats a little extreme, try to show your parents some information about it. Worked for me:) My mom asked me if I was making weed tea today lol, even though she doesn't agree with me smoking.

8. Man i got the same problem the second my mom catches me shes going to blame the shit grades on the smoking...which has nothing to do with it. Sit your mom down and make her a slideshow with facts about MariJ and talk to her let her know that your informed and your not smoking the weed to get absolutely wasted, let her know you do it to relax and you know what your smoking.

9. Yeah... except i'm a chick. but okay, you're probably right about everything else. things would be a lot better if i had an honest & open relationship with my mom. but my parents and i never really discuss emotions or have meaningful chats. & since that's how i was raised, it'll be hard trying to adjust the relationship so we're more open with each other, but it's not impossible, i guess.

That's a brilliant idea! i think i might actually use your slideshow idea. my mom is as stubborn as a moose, so she's gonna take a lot of convincing to see that weed isn't as bad as the media says it is. i forgot the dude's username that said his mom buys into all the media bs, but yeah that's exactly how my mom is too. she told me this morning that if i kept doing this, i was eventually gonna ruin my life. & at the back of my mind i kept wondering where the fuck she got the idea that weed was that bad. i would have said something, but like i said, my mom is really stubborn. i have never been able to get her to see anything from my viewpoint, so i didn't even bother arguing. but once i back myself up with all the facts, i'm going to attempt to convince my mom that weed isn't as bad as it's hyped up to be, or die trying. wish me luck guys, and thanks for all your input. i really appreciate it.

10. I'm in a similar situation. My mum hates drugs and alcohol, to her it's all the same. And my dad used to have a problem with both so she just dosen't want me to turn out as lowly as he did. I wan't to tell my mum that I smoke, but I know she will have such a negative reaction. So right now I'm working on a phatty research paper with all the positive, negative, and proven side effects of smoking and how it has and hasn't impacted my life. When I'm done I'll give it to her and hopefully she will understand. I hate being sneaky and lying to my mum. I'm in college but she lets me stay at home for the summers rent-free :]

11. OMG!! Brilliant!! Show your mom that while you may not be doing well in school, you're not a wash-out. Do your research. Learn what you can about social effects, addiction, medical marijuana, the works. Then sit down with her and admit to how utterly STUPID you were. Tell her you know your mistakes and you know you were being incredibly immature and disrespectful and you deserve whatever "punishment" she gives you for as long as she gives it to you. Parents eat that shit up.
    Then lay it all out there. But you have to come to her with a valid reason as to why school isn't working out for you. That way she can't blame the weed. Especially if your grades started to drop before you started to smoke. Then share with her all you've learned about the "drug." I did this with my family and my fiance's family. Only difference is that I was 21 and had been living on my own since I was 17. All my bills were paid and I was the most respectful person to my family. So...yah...But you could still get through this with a positive relationship with you parents! Being consistently open and honest with them and finding an alternate place to smoke will help.
    Good luck man!:confused_2:

12. I'm sorry, but under no circumstances should you have surrendered ANY money or weed to your Mother. I love my Mum to pieces, but if she ever demanded money or weed off me for my "own good" I'd laugh in her face and tell her where to go. My Dad took 2 grams of weed off me when he found it in my drawer, but I went beserk at what I perceived to be as theft and he subsequently dropped the whole 'disapointed/mad' act. Mind you, I get high grades at college and am the captain of my football team, who won the league this year and got to the final of two cups (we're playing the last one Saturday) so he's not got too much of a reason to be disapointed.

You should have handed her some tobacco, and if you didn't have any just have flat out told her to fuck off and that she's not having any weed because you bought it with your money.

13. the story was good until the last 2 lines got emo.

14. ok kid if your really 18, and your mom thought it was cigarette smoke, you should of been like "im 18 (or older), these are my jacks, and if you dont want me to smoke in the house just tell me and ill go outside and finish smoking", its not that hard man

15. That's actually a really good idea.

16. that sucks dude.. I know what you mean by feeling like nothing will be the same again. Just act normal and they'll come around eventually.

The best way to get things better quick is by putting your nose to the grindstone and rockin' it in school. Just do homework sometimes and pay attention in class. Study at least once for a test and you'll be gold.

Consider this a t-break and let your head clear.

17. Yo, way to think outside of the box and totally within the kid's rights. Damn...That's a good idea.

18. Honesty is the best policy. At first it will come as a shock to them but in time they will get used to it. Bring your grades up and tell your mom weed isnt affecting your grades. After awhile she might not like it but she wont be so angry about it

19. Yeah, i have trouble in school but it has absolutely nothing to do with weed. i have ADD so it's extremely hard for me to pay attention to anything that doesn't interest me. so my grades suck, always have. this obviously makes the situation worse cuz unlike you, who seems to have fared quite well on her own seeing as how you became independent at the age of 17 & managed to get this far all on your own, i can't tell my mom oh i'm capable of doing so & so, so fuck off. i haven't PROVED to her (or myself either for that matter, but that's another story) that i'm able to do something with my life. so i think it would be a better idea for me to put off talking to her until i can do just that.

Lol, you obviously have no idea what it's like to have asian parents. they're a lot more strict & stubborn. :rolleyes: besides, i'm still living in their house so i can't exactly call the shots around here. not unless i want my ass kicked to the curb. & i'd really rather not get raped by a fucking hobo at knifepoint. yeah even the hobos here are pretty G! hah :D

anyways, i haven't smoked since this incident occurred. 3 days!!! crazy. it's not as hard as i thought, though. i wonder how long i can last without smoking. i'm gonna aim for a month. if i succeed, that means i save $80. :) i'm gonna try and view this in a positive way. & like vikesfan said, i'm considering it a t-break. thanks again for all the support guys! i really appreciate every single post you guys added onto this thread so far.